Can't have sex

Posted , 12 users are following.

Had post op check yesterday at 17weeks............ yes took me that long to get one!  The op (A&P and sf) has gone somewhat wrong, I am too tight to have intercourse.  Sorry if tmi, but just the facts.

Consultant has never seen this before, to be honest cant remember exactly what he said but it's the back part of my vj .  He gave me 2 options 1. surgery 2. dialators.  I opted for 2 just could not face further surgery having recently starting to feel a bit normal.  They said to use dialators for 3 months and see how it goes, if no change I would need surgery.

It has just taken so long to recover from this op and now further blooming issues....... so fed up with it all.  The literature, in my opinion gives such an unrealistic timeframe for recovery.  Thank god for this forum.  Feeling a bit down atm and just so fed up with it all.  Husband is good and understanding though so suppose that's something..

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hang in there. I too have lots of issues in that department mainly due to pain and further prolapse. I don't blame you going for the second option for now to give yourself a little time but don't rule out getting it sorted with surgery if you have to. Give yourself some TLC and concentrate on you. I am still recovering after 3 months and still have good and bad days.
    • Posted

cant begin to think about another surgery at this time so hopefully dialators will do the trick...  I think it's a very small net work of qualfied consultants and unfortunately going for a second opinon would be problematic.  I had to go private to get an initial consulation as GP would not refer.... 

Good luck with you future recovery hope all goes well.

• Posted

Dear SMM 

Sorry you have been through the mill. USing a dilator will soone get you results, and as you say it is better than more surgery. I know you didn't want to be here, but you will be OK, and it will help you get strong again after the surgery.

Keep up the pressure with the medical side to get timely apopintments and get the help you need, and keep taking it easy wont you. You have had major surgery and sadly most underestimate the length of time needed to feel 100% again.

Keep smiling, you are nearly there.

S

• Posted

Thank you Stephanie,  I have been following all advice and listening on here too which I feel gives a more realistic timescale of how long it takes to recover.  

Thanks for your kind supportive words, it really does help.  Very best wishes Sue

• Posted

Wow in happy your hubby is being supportive, that means A lot for the recovery. I have the same issue. So Please listen to the doctor. The difference for me is I had Emgergency surgery. It is now been 7 months and I still can't be intimate. I have P.T. Physical therapy fir my Va. J J. Its crazy but its working. I was so embarrassed at first. I was tight and my pelvic wall was having spasms. My doc and therapist said I NEED to retrain it. So I had 2 purchase 3 sec toys to stretch it out. I apologize foe all the TMI. Also he prescribed vagina Valium. It works. Best of luck and hope this helps a bit 💖💖💖 Happy healing love

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.