can't stand this much longer

Posted , 7 users are following.

Sorry if im being a nuisance but I really cant stand much more of this nonsense, its been almost a year since all this anxiety started, im on propranolol which keep the palpitations at bay, was in hospital last week and they diagnosed gastritis brought on by stress and a hiatus hernia so now on meds for that also been put on hrt, the panic attacks had gone for a while but they are back with a vengance have been calked back to hospital next week they want to discuss the results from my 5 day heart monitor, I really dont think I can go on much longer feeling like this, just wanted to have another rant, sorry folks x

1 like, 45 replies

45 Replies

Next
  • Posted

are u in therapy of any kind?
    • Posted

No not yet but doc said he would give me more info on therapy when im back in on Monday smile
  • Posted

I know the feeling of wanting to say everything hang in there and be strong, it's good to talk about your problems im here if you need anything. 😁😃
    • Posted

Thanks, I always think its good to talk on this site as people understand how your feeling smile
  • Posted

Really feel for you! Just take each day as it comes and just try and take some sort of positive from a rubbish situation! I've had this awfull anxiety for 15 years and there's lots of up and down! I had awfull heart palps for 4 months solid felt awfull every day! But one day I woke up and they completely stopped! That could be you tomorrow! So hang in there I'm sure things will improve 😊 take care and we only a text away! Simon 
    • Posted

Thank you for your kind words, wow 15 years is such a long time, are you on any meds or therapy?I would love to wake up tomorrow and all this to be GONE, take care smile x
    • Posted

Yes been on 20mg of citilapram on and off for 15 years keep thinking I can do life without them, then each time I come off them i without noticing it myself I turn into a bit of a misery arse its only the misses that notices it! So decided to stay on them now as I'm now a lovely fella!😇 I haven't had any panic attacks for a long time all I get now is the unexplained pains in my tummy back and so on but can live with that as several years ago I was an absolute mess with every symptom going so there is hope things defo improve with time!😜
    • Posted

Ha ha mr misery arse, glad things are working out for you, are there many side effects to the citilapram?know how you feel with aches and pains I think I should be put down smilex
    • Posted

Life sure does suck sometimes. But not for everyone, so unfair, but no one ever said it would be fair. Scott Peck in his book, The Road less Travelled started the book with this declaration - that life is unfair, and said you had to accept that as your starting point before you could get on with living. Sounds depressing but its not really ,just fact.. Hope you are feeling ok at this minutex
    • Posted

Hi Anne, might just give that book a wee try, im not really a reader but will give it a bash, hope you are well x
  • Posted

Awwww you poor thing ...  I have been suffering from Gastritis/dyspepsia and been treated for H Pylori infection.  I have also been suffering from anxiety with panic attacks,  fast beating heart and palpitations.  I am now beginning to think has the gastritis got something to do with the anxiety !  since having the gastritis I have also been getting shooting pains in the side of my neck and throat hurting me,  and also a sharp pain shooting in my right arm.   It is so horrible.   Know how you feel and how nasty it is.   Hope you feel better soon
    • Posted

tina, always remember to get new symptoms checked out. your throat could be acid reflux, i think?(not a doc0  but always check.  when you have a lot of things wrong, you tend to not want to bother the doctor, at least that's how I feel, but i still trundle along with anything new lol. The gastritis could be caused by anxiety, yes.
    • Posted

Ty for your reply Anne.  I know its true what you are saying, I go to the dr's and tell them the main thing even though there is so much more going on.  Then I think I will tell the dr next time and then something else happens.  Yes the gastritis could be caused from anxiety I do think it is part that but also after being treated for H Pylori x
    • Posted

Hi Tina I have just finished antibiotics etc for H pylori, hope you are feeling better, lifes a bitch at times eh?take care smile x
    • Posted

Hi hun,

Do you feel better now you have finished the treatment for the H pylori ?  I was put on Lansoprazole a week after my treatment finished and I took it for 8 wk's,   I stopped them four days ago,  my head feels clearer and the headaches are much better also the trembles are better and palpitations are less,  Im sure it was the Lansoprazole giving me these side effects.  The gastritis hasn't gone,  I have been getting the pain going up to my neck and to of chest and on and off at the top of my stomach..  I am being strict with my diet and have started taking a course of tablets you chew to replace all the good bacteria in the gut,  you chew two after breakfast every morning,  so I will see how it goes,  I hope it gets better,  just want to get back to my old self again xxx

• Posted

Hey chic, I do feel better but having massive problems sleeping which is horrendous, gastritis is a nightmare as well, ive been watching what im eating and hope that helps, take care and look after yourself and im sure we will be back to our old selves soon xxsmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.