can't stand this much longer

Posted , 7 users are following.

Sorry if im being a nuisance but I really cant stand much more of this nonsense, its been almost a year since all this anxiety started, im on propranolol which keep the palpitations at bay, was in hospital last week and they diagnosed gastritis brought on by stress and a hiatus hernia so now on meds for that also been put on hrt, the panic attacks had gone for a while but they are back with a vengance have been calked back to hospital next week they want to discuss the results from my 5 day heart monitor, I really dont think I can go on much longer feeling like this, just wanted to have another rant, sorry folks x

1 like, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Terrible, I feel so sorry for you.  Its awful to feel so bad, and losing sleep makes everything so much worse.  you need to tell the doctor propanolol aren't working. That's important.  Also Kalms actually gave me palpitations, apparently a few people have this reaction. I was given amitryptiline to help sleep and pains, they work really well, and its only a small dose, 5mg. I dont take the often now, but i used to take them every night, and got back into a good sleep pattern.  maybe your doctor would give you them.  There is also a site for things associated with hormonal stuff (btw what age are you?).  A girl called jayneejay gives good advice.  have you been on it?  I take magnesium supplement and also multi vits which contain good level of B vitamins, both these are helpful to females.  the magnesium has helped me feel less anxious and sleep better.  Dont give up, it wont be forever, believe me. I have felt sooo awful, I have sat in the middle of the night crying in despair .  it does get better. You arent going to die, its just feelings. x

• Posted

Hi again smile,ye ive been on that site but not for a while,I am 48 and was put on hrt about 5 weeks ago, dont think I will use the kalms again, will try make the doc look into changing my meds when im there on Monday, I know its just horrible feelings we have but in the middle of the night when we're crying for hours on end it doesn't help, hope you are well, thanks again for your kind words x
  • Posted

Hi, not sure I would recommend the book if you aren't into reading, I just thought the opening sentence was very relevant.  If you are 48, part of your prob is prob hormonal, so  I highly recommend B vits and magnesium.  Just give it a try, maybe?  Just had lovely afternoon with sisters, altho shattered, I go brain dead after 2-3 hours, (M.E) great to be normal biggrin, and then realised I forgot to order decaff so just coming down from caffeine, I never drink caffeine, I usually drink rooibos tea, its naturally decaff and good for your digestion, and alost like normal tea can drink with milk. caffeine's not good.nite, hope you get some sleep. x
    • Posted

Will do Anne, glad you had anice time with your sisters, I dont touch caffeine either smile, managed to get abit slerp last night smile x
  • Posted

If he wont give you anything, try the magnesium.  If you are in uk, you will get it in liquid form in Tescos, best price.  take two teaspoons before bed. it works for lots of people so give it a try, nothing to lose. Magnesium is very good for you, google it and see. Codeine pills can help you sleep,(opiate drug),  but wouldnt recommend you take on a regular basis, cause constipation and need to take stomach pill beforehand,  maybe some nat yoghurt, make sure stomach is protected. vlet us know how you go at cardi.x
    • Posted

Thanks Anne, will definitely give the magnesium a try, all went well today at cardi all test results were fine they also done an ultrasound on my heart while I was there and that was fine so alls good with the old ticker they said the palpitations were caused by being anxious which I knew anyway but at least tests etc were done to make sure, due back st docs again in 2 weeks so eill mention again at the propranolol not really working any more I did mention it today but nothing was really resolved, eill let you know what happens, how are you doing? X
    • Posted

Thats such good news, happy for you, altho what I expected.  Wonder is there any point in taking the propranolol?  I think if you try distracting yourself, now that you know its not your heart, it might work, like put some music on and exercise, play instrument..tin whistle works for me.And do try the magnesium. How am I?, i am so fed up with pains this week, I could scream, Have left arm injury (pictures fell on my arm in B&Q)which affects my back and shoulder and got physio last Friday.  money down the drain, its so much worse.  I have fybromyalgia and physio can make it worse, its a difficult one.  i tried to tell him to go easy.  Its ironic, though, ringing to cancel your next physiotherapy session becuase you're in too much pain, lol. I ended up snapping at my partner, because of the pain. Terrible.I'm so annoyed with myself because I let myself get super stressed, when I knew better, instead of doing some meditation or whatever..  nothing like not taking your own advice. But anyway, hope you are a bit more cheerful now.  maybe the gastritis will ease now too.  keep in touch.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.