Can't stop peeing

Posted , 10 users are following.

Prostate Problem for 3-4 years. I'm on Tamsulosin and Finesteride. Don't think they are working. Could mean an op. Benign Hyperplasia the Consultant called it. Pee a lot.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Try Myrbetriq for urgency. It will probably solve your problem until nature does.

• Posted

If you are on Tamsulosin and it works, then you should see results within a week. If you are on Finesteride and it works, then you should see results in about 6 to 9 months.

In my case, I was on both of them and they did not work. After 10 months, I had a Rezum procedure which removed the blockage. Compared to other BPH procedures, Rezum is minimally invasive with less complications and less morbidity. It costs less too.

What is your IPSS score? If it is in the severe range (20 or greater), then there is a high probability that the Tamsulosin and Finesteride combination will not work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.