Can't take anti inflammatories

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 13 days post op from TKR.  I can't use anti inflammatories because of a former stomach ulcer and hiatus hernia.  That leaves me 8 happy hours per day with no pain meds...just icing.  The nights are awful.  Does anyone else have these issues?  It is discouraging.  I start going to physio tomorrow.  

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You can take straight generic hydrocodone or oxycodone.  Drugs like Vicodin, Narco and Percocet add acetaminophen which would be bad for you.  Also try some Voltaren Gel (RX in the US), second pest topical anti-inflammatory on the planet.  Excellent right before bedtime...works in 15 minutes.

I had a hiatal hernia all my life.  Downed Tums like crazy.  Had the simple corrective operation five years ago...one of my best decisions ever.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.