can't tell if it's anxiety or illness anxiety/panic out of no where?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi I'm new to posting so forgive me if I don't explain correctly,

Since October 2 I went into ER for a stomach problem and pounding heart and was told it was gastroenteritis and anxiety but I hadn't been feeling anxious at all after that I could barely get out of bed from feeling ill, it's continued for a while now and new symptoms have started my left arm feels strange I have a strange fuzzy feeling going up the left side of my neck,I've had 3 panic attacks out of no where and I can't help but think something is wrong with my heart,I've spoken to my doctor had 4 ecg they all say I'm fine but I can't help but think it's something serious and I feel as no one wants to listen,I've cried everyday for the past two months and tried to eat healthy but nothing seems to work, has anyone else had this and is it really anxiety sad

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi..all I can say is..join the club!I'm feeling exactly like you right now..just came back from the docs with my 3rd ecg and doc says I'm fine..listened to my heart and says everything is clear and strong..oh well..I got confidence up until now. .I read some forums of horror stories of heart disease and got freaked out..I'm 23 years old..no bad habits..not overweight..normal diet..I don't wanna fuel my anxiety by going for more tests but at the same time Imanagement scared if there's really something wrong..at the moment the symptoms that scares me the most if chest discomfort and sharp feeling..right at the centre of my chest..just feel tight..what's your symptoms lilet?I do get light headed a lot too..docs says I'm fine..had a full blood count checked its all healthy and normal..I can't help to think I'm sick..but everyone around me seem to say I'm healthy. .
    • Posted

Hi sorry to hear that you're going through that,I've been getting a tingling /fuzzy feeling in my chest and up left side of my neck,started to feel tingling numbness in the left side of my face as well, so worried it's something serious sad
    • Posted

I've been having the same problem, but instead of having pain in the middle I always have pain in the left side towards my left arm and I thought it was a heart attack although I would get it everyday. I went to the heart Doctor numerous times and they said I was fine. All I can say is try distracting yourself and you'll see your pains will go away, it's just your mind feeding off your fear.
    • Posted

Hi freyja and chantelle,Know what you Mean..had a 3Rd ecg today..came fine..as usual the reassurance just last for a few hours..had a mini panic attack while painting my house..broke out in sweats,shortness of breath,back pain and tension in neck,dizziness and trembling..gosh I tried to hide it as my brother and father is around..if it's just me and my husband I would have broken down..I thought I was having a heart attack..how do we get rid of this demonic anxiety. I'm just really craving for a normal life with my husband and son. .whenever I think I'm dying I just see my son's face it breaks my heart completely. .
  • Posted

Gm my friends num of face tingles in the body are all signs of anexity feeling that its ur heart also a sign try to relax lay down listen to music tell urself ur gonna be ok theres alot of symptoms to anxiety burning chest headaches dizzyness let ur doctor know and as for noone understanding i been suffering from panic attacks and anxiety now for 6 months it has tooken over my life i cryied for my doctor to give me meds and he saids no i had to give up ciggs caffeine choclate and i use to smoke pot and gave it all up cold turkey my body has all kinds of shooting pains but first and before most keep all toxins out ur body when suffering from panic and anexity keep ur head up and pray God to take ur worries and anexity good luck and ever u need to talk send me a message im here and i understand
  • Posted

welcom,so I am not a professional .I had anxiety for most of my life.Panic attaks,that when I was younger tried to explain.I thought I was insane,nobody understood either.I could get fast heart pounding and it would skip out of beat and even give sharp pain when it went off beat.I figured I must have bad chamber or valve.One time I was actually having ECG and it did this .But nothing showed.I was stunned. Cause it seemed for sure something happened.I expected the worst.I was doing bench press as i pushed weight up it went off beat once with sharp pain but I had no sign of weakness or hard time to push.Over time I stopped thinking about it.And seemed to have settled in to general anxiety.It is an emotion that I accept the feeling(sensation) and make myself aware not to attach thougts to the emotion.It seems the mind does this automatically.Our heart is racing so the mind attaches that this is the cause. Meditation and relaxation exercises done on a regular basis have helped me lower the stress.when i would focus on my heart being the problem I would get rushes up and down any given area of my body.It was very unpleasant and when people dont seem to understand we become distant and feel alone.The fact that you cried so much can I suggest you mention this part to your doc.Experiencing this symptom of sadness for so long is a sigh of possible depression.Therapy may be an answer
  • Posted

Hey. As a 10 year sufferer I can honestly say your suffering anxiety. I've had all your symptoms and even after 10 yrs new ones pop up and I'm off to the docs. Only to be told I'm fine it's only my mind playing tricks with me. I've learnt a lot over the yrs. if you learn to ignore 1 symptom your mind will go 1 step ahead of you and invent another symptom just to get your attention. Even now for the last few weeks I've had a pounding heart and skipping beats. I try to ignore it but as a pro I still fall for it and am convinced I have a heart problem. But when I'm occupied I forget about it. 1 of my new symptoms is a funny metallic taste on my tongue but again it's just another symptom trying to upset me. I feel dizzy first thing in the morning when I get up and have no energy but I get on with my day knowing I'll still be here at the end of it. So keep your chin up and fight these fantasy symptoms. Don't cry, don't think that you are dying and it will eventually ease off.
  • Posted

Hello Freyja, yes welcome to this amazing Anxiety club. We are all different, with our various things. Ok have you ever tried Reflexology or aromatherapy? Both very good for stress. Please go & see a good health food shop. I take rescue remedy and also have Beta blockers from the GP ( propranalol) 160 MG x a day. I listen to calming CDS last thing at night. Dont force sleep . At times I have a nap in the afternoon. A warm milky drink last thing is calming . Regards Amanda 
    • Posted

Hi Amanda. .just curious..what anxiety are you suffering with and what are you'ready symptoms?
  • Posted

Yes i have had pounding heart racing heart and just sick to my stomach all week my left side hurting badly in the E.R last week with my left side hurting it was hurting all week to where i had trouble getting around and then yesterday i start bleeding when i am post menopausal and my left side is still hurting 

I just cried all week myself feeling like something is wrong with me just had to call in to work today because i can get out of bed with how i feel had to call in last weekend too due to the pain on my left side which hurt all week this week just don't know what to docry

• Posted

Hi..what do you mean by pain on your left side..is it your chest?
    • Posted

Hi..what do you mean by pain in your sides..?is it your chest?I am currently having pain in my chest on my left towards my arms..it's more like muscle pull..it's comes and goes..it worries me but I'm trying to keep cool and take it as just another sensation..I just took some muscle relaxant and vitamin b for nerve pain prescribe by my doc..hopefully will relax my body and make it like normal again..it's just depressing to see people around me living a normal life going about their normal routine without any worries..unlike me,worried and fearful of every aches and painsee thinking it can kill me..and just get paranoid by it..when I'm facing the pain it's no fun,but when the pain is gone,I tend to think about it and anticipate..gosh..what a life..I use to be a normal 23 year old enjoying my day playing with son..now I feel like a 60 year old every day..docs look at me like why I think so much and worry about my heart when I'm so young and healthy..I told the docs about the symptoms..they don't seem worried..they say it's anxiety..I wish I can convince myself it's anxiety Lloyd anxiety and I'm not gonna die anytime soon..I'm really trying to fight this for my son..
    • Posted

no my left down in my abdomen that really hurts at times i have been in and out of the ER last week and last night because with the bleeding it really hurt badly 
    • Posted

Hi there,I feel for you,have had anxiety for years.Only thing I can say is enjoy being young.Im in my late fifties with confirmed health issues that I have to deal with daily.That is giving me awful anxiety as I never know from day to day how I will feel.Enjoy your health,enjoy your son.They are both gifts.Just remember there is help for anxiety just be clear to your doctor that you need help dealing with it.Hope you feel better.
  • Posted

hi i symathise, sounds like dreaded old anxiety, classic stuff i get all yo do, try stuff to take your mind off and always to keep happy, positve no negativity, look  after yourself, yoga, excercise but i feel gps need to go more to help us....l

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.