Can you still see a full moon?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Thought of this last night.  I’m having surgery in a couple hours.  I guess it’s too late now. LOL. 

Does the Synfony Lens implant make it impossible to ever look at a full moon again due to halos????

Mike

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've noticed my right eye with a Tecnis toric monofocal IOL sees the full moon as brighter (more intense white) than my left eye with the natural lens. Maybe a very faint cloudy halo around the moon but its so faint its not an issue.  However the moon appears so bright in my right eye that you lose details on the surface since it looks washed out compared to my left eye where the bright white is reduced.

• Posted

Lookin forward to hearing how your results turn out with the Symfony. My main concern wouldn’t be much about the moon and how that looks at night (I would hardly think it would be problematic compared to other factors likeo , I would be more worried about glare coming off of computer monitors, screens, and headlights from cars and traffic lights because I feel those effect your quality of life more on a day to day basis to a certain extent, also how much functioning vision and how good quality it performs at different ranges....I hear some people say they see them worst with Symfony and to many people saying it doesn’t bother them at all and are manageable. Seems like a double edged sword . Those are things that I wouldn’t want to compromise but I like having more extended range for seeing detail closer to near with Symfony. 
  • Posted

I'm coming up on 24 hours since right eye implant. I started another thread about my experience by it was flagged "must be cleared by Moderator" and has not appeared yet.

My right eye is clearing up, but not normal yet. I cannot see any concentric rings around lights and the halo around bright lights in doors is about the same artifact I see with my left eye, perhaps a little more.  So far I am very happy with my results.

I'll have to wait another 25 days for the next full moon LOL.

Mike

• Posted

Thanks Mike for the update.  Glad you are recovering well.  Do you have a 24 hour follow up with your surgeon?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.