Cancelled Op,😥

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was all geared up and ready mentally as much as I could be to go, my op was tomorrow 27th, just had a call and because they need a repeat sleep apnia test it has been re booked for 11th July, I'm so disappointed as the reason the 1st test was inconclusive was the equipment was faulty. Ah well it could be worse only another 2 weeks to wait, on the plus side I've now got a chance to take another 4/5 pounds off in readiness for the op .

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi.  My operation was cancelled on the day of surgery as they realised they'd missed something in the pre operation checks.  Not great to be sitting in your hospital gown and pants and then be told to go home.  I had another 4 weeks to wait so 2 weeks seems much better.  As you say use the time to get even more prepared and the time will fly by.  Good luck.  I had my operation last Thursday and seem to be doing well.  

• Posted

That must have knocked you for six, how are you feeling now Sara and have you got help, I'm dreading stairs do you have to cope with that. Thanks for your best wishes. X

• Posted

Hi.  I'm feeling okay and can see I am getting a bit better each day.  The stairs are fine for me.  I find it easier going up than coming down and using one crutch and the hand rail.  I had a few trial runs with some crutches I bought off Amazon before the operation which helped.  Best of luck for your new operation date.  Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.