Cancer scare

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone have a leukemia and lymphoma scare? I worry about those two a lot for some reason

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Omg me too!! Like I worry about them so much I give myself panic attacks. It's like when I Google stuff I get symtoms.

I've had Anxiety for 3months now and my symtoms keep changing. But I've had muscle and joint pain real bad and I'm scared of those two you mentioned. To make it worse it's like every single day I hear of someday who has or has died from the big C.

I haven't yet been to a doctor to do blood tests since I went to the ER 3months ago n was told it's anxiety n very high stress levels. But the constant body aches&pain esp in my arms have me constantly terrified.

• Posted

Thanks I get some ache sometimes too but they always go away in a couple of days n return weeks later, and also what started your cancer scare did you lose a love one?
  • Posted

Hi tina

You are not alone. My biggest worry is cancer, any cancer, I Google my symptoms constantly and some type of cancer always comes up.i know I shouldn't Google but I just can't help it.it literally takes over my life. It's not just myself though, any illness my family have I think they have it too. My daughter had a ear infection last week and I thought she had cancer of the ear.i hate living like this. It just seems that wherever I go it always comes up, either an advert on tv or on a billboard somewhere? And then I start thinking, is it trying to tell me something. It seems every day you hear someone dying from it. It seems to be getting worse.its terrifying living like this. I understand exactly how you feel. When I try and tell people what I'm like they just don't understand and think I'm been stupid or just laugh. I wish it was that easy. Big hugs xxx

• Posted

You literally just described everything I'm going through, I couldn't have said it any clearer. It's horrible to have such a terrible thought taking over your entire life.
  • Posted

Yes I have the same problems. I lost my brother last year to lymphoma leukemia t-all to stand corrected. Ever since his passing I have had so many anxiety attacks thinking I have lung cancer , neck and tonsil here recently. I am even suffering with pain in my left chest at the moment but every time I have gone in they say ekg is fine and my lungs look clear from the x Ray. So I am convincing myself that I just need to relax and my symptoms will go away in which my chest normally does. The only thing I can say is don't google lol it makes things way worse. I have gotten so bad my husband calls me Dr Google lol however I can tell he is starting to get paranoid with me because when I google I just put myself into more panic. So I totally understand where you are coming from especially when you have symptoms that don't seem like they are going away or they keep coming back.
    • Posted

My partner has even threatened to get our Internet disconnected because he is getting annoyed at me googling. I just can't help myself. I don't want to do it, it's like a very bad habit.i hate the way I am x
  • Posted

I was only diagnosed a week ago and have since been put on propranolol 10mg.

I don't know about anyone else but with me it started with serious headaches and pain in my ears. I was adamant I had a tumour. My GP smiled when I told him and he said this is all too common. We look into things too much and self diagnose. It's the nature of this dreaded condition.

This whole anxiety came completely out of the blue, was told it was likely a follow up from stress of working too much. Again, thought the worse as I'm 28, young, fit and healthy. Have never been ill.

It's all in the mind. Concentrate on all positives in life and don't let this set back control your life. Fortunately, I am feeling more focused after only 3 days of meds. Will get blood results tomorrow. Sure all will be fine as GP didn't have any reason for concern when he gave me initial check over last week.

Stay strong everyone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.