Cane

Posted , 13 users are following.

its been a month since thr, but I feel like I have to have my cane with me all the time... almost like addicted to it.  I tried walking without it a little, but it feels strange like I need it. Does anyone else feel this way, I am limping a little without it, but I am feeling dependent on it, I’m not really in any pain. Thanks

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I used my cane for months after I really needed to, as a prodder for my husband, and extra long arm to hook down things I could not reach, and lastly as a protective measure from supermarket trolleys, and small children, saved me a couple of times from children running into me at high speed when out shopping, takes a while to feel completely comfortable without it. 

To me it seems as if you are doing especially well fro such a short time after your surgery, but I do remember my 1st hip replacement, y about 3 weeks out walking, and extending distance every 3 - 4 days, I just felt soooo much better than I had before surgery, and then disaster, tore the carteledge in opposite hip, ack to being unable to walk once more, 12 weeks of freedom and then back to being a cripple, not fun, water physio eventually got me near right, but knew I needed 2nd hip replaced, symptoms very familiar, Dr confirmed, bone on bone 2nd hip as well, that hip became a nightmare, 12 months of ongoing physio, and shoe lifts as surgeon added extra length, really big shock that 2nd hip took so long to come right after first one so perfect.  But OK now nearly to 3 year mark, nd doing really well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.