cannot eat

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi guys, I have posted before saying about the pain I get when eating. A lot of people on here seem to get by with certain foods. But I cannot eat anything, I have tried various things recommended. Do you think I have something more serious? I have been referred for an endoscopy, don't know how long it will take though to get appointment. That's a whole week now of no eating. I really don't know what to do..... sad

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sounds like gastroparesis. Do you constantly feel full and or bloated? Do you actually feel better when refraining from food although you might feel hungry? If so maybe you should request a gastric emptying test where you eat a meal and they see how quickly it takes to go through your stomach. 
  • Posted

Well an endoscopy will certainly show what's wrong 

Surely your GP should prioritise ? 

• Posted

They have put it down as urgent, but she said that she still doesn't know how long it will take. Just have to wait for a date.
  • Posted

Does it hurt to eat or can you not physically swallow the food?
    • Posted

After I swallow, the food gos down fine, doesn't get stuck. Its a few seconds later when it reaches my stomach, it burns like hell, then feel like I have indigestion. Even with the tiniest bit of food. Even water, I have to take tiny sips of water or it burns.
    • Posted

Do you ever get bands of pain across your navel, especially at night?

• Posted

You might have an ulcer
    • Posted

This was mentioned. Are you not able to eat with an ulcer? 
    • Posted

Apparently though I have had ulcers years ago we don't have them anymore they're all now under the umbrella of gerd, reflux, and hh etc it's all down to acid.  Are you on ppi s ?
    • Posted

I think you can have indigestion pain and some people vomit.
    • Posted

I have tried forcing myself to eat, but the pain is just so bad. Maybe it is an ulcer then. I am so hungry sad
  • Posted

I am so hungry and lost almost 2 stone in a week
    • Posted

Crikey! Does the GP know this? He/she might push harder if they knew this.
    • Posted

Yes. It was at the GPs that I realised. She weighed me out of curiosity, glad she did. As she said that could rush it through more. But she said not guaranteed.
    • Posted

It looks like you've done all you can and will have to wait - not easy, I know. All you can do is find something to take your mind off things (if possible). 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.