cannot get through to claim pip after receiving a letter from DLA

Posted , 10 users are following.

can anyone help?  I have a son who is 29 and receives middle rate care and low rate mobility.  We received a letter stating that we have to contact PIP to claim.  I have tried 15 times to ring them to claim sometimes spending upwards of 45minutes waiting for the music to stop and someone to answer.  I have tried at different times of the day and on different days of the week to no avail.  I worte to them asking for a claim form and to let them know that I had tried on numerous occasions to contact them. what did they do send another letter out stating that if we had not contacted them by the 24 of this month his DLA would stop.  catch 22 comes to mind and speaking of minds I am going out of mine trying to sort this out. anyone know of where I can complain to?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Do you get careverything allowance for looking after him
  • Posted

Hi, there is a way you can contact the DWP via email, there is a Dropbox accessed through the Jobcentre page, and if you clearly address it to the PIP team it will reach them. I was told this , in a letter from the DWP after I challenged them for non compliance with the equalities act, as I cannot use the phone , and argued that they should make a reasonable adjustment.

i don't guarantee it will work, I haven't needed to use it so far, but as I said, I've had a written reply from the DWP saying that it exists and is an adequate way of complying with the law, and allowing people to communicate with them, so who am I to doubt them?

• Posted

Weird i replied to thisdays ago andmy message has vanished hmmmmm

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.