Cardioversion Again!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ugh another cardioversion yesterday. It's been 9 months so I guess that's not too bad lol. Does anyone get VERY itchy actually extremely itchy about 7 or 8 hours after? Usually right under where the large shock pads where. Like my skin is crawling. No hives there though. I've tried aloe Vera. Which has worked before but not this time. I had to use a cold pack to get any relief and it's still itching like mad. Al.most like some kind of internal burn? Maybe electrical? I think over exercising on the treadmill even though I'm just walking aggravated that darn vagus nerve some more causing this episode. My heart has been cranky since I went from 2 to 3 days on the treadmill. So I'm gonna back off for a couple of weeks and then go back to it 2 times a week. Also the attending doctor yesterday is finally sending me for an ultrasound to look for scar tissue or hidden hernia in that upper tummy area FINALLY LOL!

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi san, You've had cardioversion, that's the electric treatment during the heart cycle to try and reset the rhythm if I'm right. I am due one soon, my first. I am scared of it because I have clots. I read that the biggest risk with it is that it might release some of the clots into my bloodstream, maybe reaching my brain. Did you get checked first to see if that was a risk for you. The doc's meant to do that I think to make sure of the risk versus benefit? Please reply cos I'm not sure if I wanna do it.

• Posted

Gary - absolutely don't do it if you have clots.  When I had my cardioversion on July 18, 2016 - they did a test - put a tube down my throat and with a camera looked at the back side of my heart to see if I had clots.  I did not.. but they would not have proceeded if I had.  So...

I wouldn't do it if I knew I had clots.  rolleyes    Be well  and safe.

• Posted

Yes Gary I've had MANY cardioversions. It's not scary really and you'll feel much better afterwards however only you can make an informed decision about whether or not you will go forward with the cardioversion. Stay in touch.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.