Carer's Allowance Questions

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello all,

I have had a quick look through on the forums and I can't seem to find a discussion on carer's allowance. Sorry if I'm asking questions that have been answered elsewhere!

I applied for carer's allowance last week on the .Gov website. It was a relatively easy process compared to the other benefits I've had to apply for, for my Mum. The website stated they would be in contact with me within the next four weeks as to whether I am eligible or not (I hope I am, in a full time love in carer, 24/7 without aid).

Either way, what I'm asking is has anyone else dealt with Carer's allowance here? Does it actually take the four weeks, or longer? I only ask because sometimes, the waiting times they give aren't necessarily adhered to!

Obviously I don't expect to have heard from them just yet, but wanted to get an early view on the sitcho! One less thing to worry about smile

Thank you so much for reading and to anyone who gets back! Hope you're all well and having a great day! X

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey everyone!

Sorry to bump this thread but I wanted to just let anyone know who comes across this thread what had happened if they were wondering!

I have been awarded carers allowance - so glad and happy! What I was really interested in knowing was how long it would take as they said they would get back to me with an answer within four weeks. Having had a few time issues with applying for my mums PIP, I was sceptical but I have to say I've eaten my words and it took them three weeks and two days to pay me, and a further two days for the confirmation letter to arrive - overall a very smooth, easy and quick application.

They also back-dated payment for me from the day that my Mum started to apply for PIP because she has been awarded PIP within the last theee months which has helped us greatly!

I hope this helps anyone else who may be applying for thinking of applying for carers allowance and thank you to everyone who helped me out whilst I waited.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.