Carple tunnel surgery recovery

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed from my GP in October for carple tunnel and have been taking antinflamatory meds and wearing a splint 24/7 and have no improvement. They have scheduled me for a nerve test then told surgery will be next, so just wondering what the recovery is like? Also wondering how little Nguyen I could be off work? I work at a grocery store so lifting up to 50 lbs is a daily thing and repetitive motion with my wrist is needed. Right now i can’t go without the brace . If I try to not wear brace I’m in so much pain if my wrist even bends a little in any direction. I am so sick of this brace. I would just like to know what the recovery will be like and how long I might be out of work for so if anyone could give me a little advice and clarify what the recovery is like I would greatly appreciate that. I also wonder what are the do’s and dont’s after surgery ? Thank you in advance

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had my nerve test and I do not have carple tunnel I have a damaged nerve in my neck so now I have my appointment with my orthopedic dr to see what steps we take from here. I’m glad we know what is wrong . Best of luck to you all and my prayers  are with each of you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.