Cast & Knee Scooter?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I recently had trimalleolar surgery on 5/24 and was put in a splint. Today, I got my splint off and stitches out and into a cast for 4 weeks. Before my surgery while waiting for surgery, I was in a boot and using the knee scooter was not painful. However, I couldnt use the knee scooter with my splint because of the pressure and pain it put on my ankle.. I tried it again today with my new lighter cast and had the same problem... My question is: Has anyone else had this problem before? How do I fix it? Does the pain lessen after first getting cast put on? I really don’t want to be on crutches and wheelchair for 4 more weeks 😔 Thanks! 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

be careful

i once tested a "knee scooter" and it was just to painful, same thing with a "walker brace" that tied to the knee. at same time i was ok with crutches.

i learned by experience that sharp pains are a signal that something is wrong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.