Castor Oil for dry eyes.

Posted , 15 users are following.

Has anyone tried castor oil for dry eyes?  I have read and heard so many positive things about it and it has really helped some people with dry eyes, red eyes ect ect,,,, i have dry eyes and have tried lots of drops that the doctors gave me and none helped and some even caused the delicate skin aroud my eyes burn and sting. I am thinking of trying castor oil as its natural too!.

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You mean in your eye or as a supplement. I would not put a dense oil in my eye.
  • Posted

I tried it, it was nasty.
    • Posted

Could you be more specific? What way was it nasty? Did it sting? Burn? Damage your eyes in any way?

How did they feel after you had managed to wash all the oily stuff away?

Any better?

• Posted

No, castor oil is not for you eye, makes your eyes blurry, it could eaisly get contaminated, an you could get an infection. It didn't help my eyes at all. Be very careful what you put in your eyes.
    • Posted

Actually, this prompted me to look it up and apparently there are special eyedrops made with castor oil. But specially for the eyes of course. I would love to hear from people who have tried this.
    • Posted

I understand how you feel, dry eyes are not fun, so we try all kinds of things. Try some of the eye drops out there. I just discovered that steril water in a dropper bottle can be used durin the night instead of regular drops. It does work for me, and saves money. smile Dena
    • Posted

Do you mean saline solution?

Or distilled water?

As for trying eye drops, I must have sampled every one on the market. I finally settled for five which work for me. My opthalmologist suggested i vary my use of them and use them as and whenever I need them. They are all preservaive free: Eubri/HyloTears, CelluVisc, Optive, Lacrigel/Lacrilube and VitAPos.

If it's saline solution you're using, I used it for years before my problem became severe, but my ophth told me not to continue because it's a differne pH than tears and not suitable in the long run.

• Posted

No, not a saline solution, I have never used that. I just use boilded water,(cooled down of course), and put it in a dropper bottle. Do you have blepharitis, or just dry eyes? smile Dena
    • Posted

0h, I SEE. I use Sustane. do you have blefphaitis?
    • Posted

I get dry eyes at times. The doctor had my mom use this.
    • Posted

are you a young person? That seems to be unusual thatyou woul have dry eyes. I have blefharitis.
    • Posted

Dena, I have both. Blepharitis comes from time to time and I know how to treat it. The severe dry eyes are with me all the time and have induced keratitis, which is a break up of the mylebin (??) layer and makes you feel as if there's permanent grit in the eye. Horrid!

So I have to be extra cautious and keep pushing the drops.

I've never hard of anyone using cooled boiled water as eye drops. Next time you see your GP check that it's a good idea in the long run because, like the saline, it's not the same pH as tears ....

Frankly, now I think about it, that shouldn't matter as long as it doesn't bother you because whatever you put in your eyes gets flushed out pretty soon anyway.

Doesn't it feel odd and sticky, though?

• Posted

I thought the water would work but it doesn't. I have blephartis, but I accedentky poured esencial oil in my right eye, and that's my REAL problem
    • Posted

Ooh. That ust have hurt. Is it still bothering you? What kind of essential oil?
    • Posted

Actually, it didn't hurt, and although the doctor says that there's no ha

rm done, my eye bothers me. Sometimes it dosen't bother me at all and other times it hurts and gives me a headach and tooteng wet ones on my blepharitis, and m doing great,but the right one isn't.ye isy left ebeen usihache. I'v

• Posted

I have to use my tablet to post,and as you can see, it doesn't work well. smile Try to read between the lines so to speak.
    • Posted

Please listen to me... I had a strong dry eyes problem and I am done with it by using castor oil organic 100% !

You put one drop on each eye and you will feel better in few minutes!!!

Please you must try, it's an incredible relieve !

I give this treatment method to my older sister and few others friends and fiends of friends, they all feel much better and don't need anymore to use artificial drops !

You can try with no problem... Be fearless, it's 100% safe !

God bless you... :-)

• Posted

OMGG HELLOO!! I SIGNED UP TO TALK TO U ABOUT IT. I castor oil got into my right eye😭😭😭 what will be the result? Its a bit blurry like a bit but its dry and I will visit a doxtor soon. Hbu? Is yours fine?

• Posted

Hi I am the same as you, nothing I haven't tried and really fed up. But I ordered the Castro oil drops for eyes and going to try them tonight, keeping everything crossed it works .

• Posted

Hi can you please tell me :

the brand,

name,

cost 

and where did you buy the castor oil?

I would like to try asap. Been suffering for 2 yrs and what doctors suggest don't help.

• Posted

Hi did it work for you? and how did you figure out which one to buy? it is hard to find the specific information online. Thanks in advance
    • Posted

I purchased castor oil eye drops from prism Apothecary and it did not work for me . I have a problem with my lower lids the oil gets clogged in the little glands i Have tried everything and nothing seems to work i thought the castor oil  would work but it did not  . The Dr .s say there is no cure . They are testing new drops but its not finalized as of yet . I only got this problem after i had my Cataracts removed . i feel the surgery 

caused my problem Due to the trauma . I am hoping the nerves will heal 

I am taking 2,000 Vitamin D 20 mg of lutein  vitamin C 1000mg  Some people find drops work but they did not for me. since i have been taking these vitamins and green alive They seem to be improving . I also clean the lids every day with warm water. I am now checking into LACRISERT inserts . They are expensive but have not tried this product. Need to look into this more.

• Posted

I just found out that this new treatment for Dry eyes is called Lacripep they are testing it now A Dr Gordon Laurie of UVA school of medicine is doing the trials . Hopefully they will have it available soon . Our Eye Doctors will probably be made aware of it when it gets approved from the FDA. Hopefully this will give you some encouragement

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.