Castor Oil for dry eyes.

Posted , 15 users are following.

Has anyone tried castor oil for dry eyes?  I have read and heard so many positive things about it and it has really helped some people with dry eyes, red eyes ect ect,,,, i have dry eyes and have tried lots of drops that the doctors gave me and none helped and some even caused the delicate skin aroud my eyes burn and sting. I am thinking of trying castor oil as its natural too!.

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello i want to try the caster oil drops you are having great success with . you gave the name of the company that sells them but the company you mentioned sells to different kinds which one is it that you are using  

Thanks Jean

• Posted

My girl friend had for 4years dry eye problem. By chance I entered this site and was aware of castor oil for dry eyes after reading the advise from jean luc10686.

She started using pure cold press organic castor oil for 10 days and the effect is very positive. Thank you jean luc10686.

• Posted

Have you tried liquid MSM?  It seems to help my dry eyes quite a bit.  They feel less crusty.
  • Posted

I use a cold pressed light colored castor oil, but I have a specific routine that works, as I wear contact lenses and take antihistamines and my meibomian glands tend to get clogged otherwise and dry eyes.

Firstly I had to swap to daily wear contacts - I don't think other types would play well with my routine.

At night, when I take out my contacts, every other day, first I put in eye drops and wait awhile, then later on, like in a half hour I put in eye drops again, to saturate my eye before adding one drop of castor oil in each eye with a dropper bottle. After adding the castor oil I blink hard and close my eyes and blot with a kleenex several times to remove the lion's share of the castor oil - my particular method makes sure I get good coverage, but not to much overall absorbtion. Later I blot them again. I can only do this every other night because if I do it every day my eyes start feeling strained. Before I put in my contacts the next morning I use some Dr Fisher's eye wipes on the eyelids and lid margins and apply eye drops to remove any lasting castor oil residue. I use my contact friendly eye drops throughout the day as needed. The castor oil is an important part of this routine, even every other day it makes an enormous impact.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.