Cataract surgery and double vision.

Posted , 4 users are following.

It has been about 12 weeks since I had surgery for my new Symfony lenses. About 2 weeks after my second eye had been completed I realized my vision was not great. I began to realize I was experiencing double vision. It continues today. I have revisited my surgeon and my optometrist. Both have tested and confirm this but have not given me any substantial reasons why this is happening. I will be seeing the surgeon in a month again. It has become less bothersome but it is definitely still there. Have any of you experienced this or heard about this happening. I am very disappointed. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

How is your vision in each eye by itself? Have they told you what your prescription (spherical and cylindrical correction) is for each eye? What were the prescriptions of the IOLs which were used (you should have been given that information after the cataract surgeries). All that may be important information to try to understand the reason for your double vision issue
    • Posted

Hi. I’m not too knowledgeable about eye measurements etc as some of you on this forum but the two lenses are +09.5D for right and +11.0D for left.  Does that help?  Yes individually the eyes are good but together they aren’t focusing properly. 
    • Posted

Thanks for sharing the information on your IOL prescription. Those are probably not the reason for your double vision.

Your doctor's office should have a record of the your needed  prescription (spherical and cylindrical correction) for each eye (during your recent visit after the cataract surgery) to get the best focus at distance. They should also be able to tell you what your uncorrected and corrected distance vision was at the time of the last visit. If you can share that information, that will help narrow down the reason for your double vision.

• Posted

Nice timing... I'm experiencing the same or very similar in one eye while my other one is fine, both with Symfony IOLS. I did find an interesting "partial" solution that I hope might lead to a fix if I continue "exercising" it - it would be interesting if you tried it and could achieve something similar. I just posted a thread a couple days ago looking for thoughts, but no one has responded. Check it out as I talk more about what's going on and what I discovered:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/rahter-interesting-behavior-with-symfony-lens-thoughts--649408

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.