Cath

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I'm so stressed out , I've suffered with horrendous depression for many years , panic attacks are awful ,anxiety . I constantly cut myself , and someone told me about pip , I applied and 2weeks ago a lady from capita came out to see me , I was completely honest about my day to day living . I'm concerned as I haven't heard anything

2 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Catherine I have PTSD with depression and anxiety but I don't cut myself and I was awarded standard pip for 2 years I had a review a month ago but not heard anything but i rung them and was told there was a backlog. Try not to stress too much easier said than done but do try

• Posted

Hi,

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you daily. There's no timescales for decisions, it depends on the backlog in your area. You can ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision will be. In that report there'll be boxes that they've ticked, if you add up the scores then this will tell you. 2 weeks isn't that long. Hopefuilly it won't be much longer. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Catherine it’s a little bit early to hear anything yet you could ring up and ask for a copy of your assessors report ...good luck with everything xxx
    • Posted

Well some people have a decision within 2 weeks. I did for my review last year. Infact it was 5 days after my assessment that i had a decision because i rang them and asked. A few days after that i had the letter. It totally depends on how long it takes them to send the report back to DWP and the backlog.
  • Posted

Thanks for advice , I rang dwp today , and they are sending out what the lady wrote . Fingers crossed .
    • Posted

Good luck. Just so you know you need at least 8 points for an award of Standard and 12 points for Enhanced. There's 2 components, Daily living and Mobility. Don't forget to let us know what that report says because mostly the decision maker goes with that report.

• Posted

Hi Denise

I rang the Dwp again and asked for my Pip assessment report. They said they couldnt understand why it wasn’t sent out 5 weeks ago, when I rang. Do their sending one out. 

NOW I’m getting a bit worried now about my PIP.

As i was already on Pip (which has been about 18 months roughly), and I was awarded it for 3 years, my circumstances changed.... my mobility has got worse, my memory has got worse, a lot of things have worsened.

Its  been 6 weeks since my assessment, and its “ still being assessed by the care manager”.

Should I start worrying? 

I don’t know what I’ll do if it stops!

• Posted

hi,

What they mean is that is should have been sent but it never was. If it was then it must have got lost in the post lol IF you can believe that rolleyes personally i would trust DWP as far as i could throw them, in others words they probably never did send it.

There's no time scales to the decisions. Some wait a couple of weeks while others wait much longer.

My daughter had her assessment over 3 weeks ago and her report still hasn't been sent back to DWP.

A decision not being made on yours doesn't mean anything, it just means it's not yet been made. They could be waiting for more evidence from a GP, Consultant which is rare but it does happen. Hopefully that report which reach you by the begining of next week and then you'll know because mostly they go with that report. It's rare if they go against it. Let us know the outcome.

• Posted

I certainly will let you know.

Im so glad I found this site/forum. Its actually helped me with questions Ive been wanting to ask. And Denise  thank you, your a fountain of knowledge, you and your replies make me feel much better. 😁

• Posted

As i always say to everyone i help. It's my pleasure, always biggrin

• Posted

Thankyou Denise, I will let you all know xx
  • Posted

I'm so happy I posted on here , I've been so stressed about it all . I suffer from awful anxiety and don't actually leave my house . When I rang dwp today , they said that they had the assessors report on Monday , even though she came out on the 30th October.

• Posted

It can take longer sometimes to send it back to them. My daughter had her assessment for PIP on 23rd October and her report is yet to be returned to DWP. Hope the decision goes in your favour.
  • Posted

Thankyou Denise , I'm so scared that it's not tho . I told her completely how I am from day to day , I hate going out , I'm happiest in my house , I was so glad when I had the letter saying she was coming to my home xx

• Posted

No problem. If they've recieved it and it's been sent to you then you should recieve a copy in about 1 week from now. Did you send in evidence to support your claim? As this would be needed as well as the assessment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.