Cath

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I'm so stressed out , I've suffered with horrendous depression for many years , panic attacks are awful ,anxiety . I constantly cut myself , and someone told me about pip , I applied and 2weeks ago a lady from capita came out to see me , I was completely honest about my day to day living . I'm concerned as I haven't heard anything

2 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm on a lot of medication , she saw the wounds where I cut myself ( not proud ) , plus I told her how I can't physically leave my house , I don't use my cooker , only my microwave sometimes . I drink later every night to help me sleep . The doctor won't give me sleeping tablets because of overdoses in the past . I told her about when I spent a while in hospital because of overdose , and saw a psychiatrist xx

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that. You would have needed evidence to prove this as well because evidence plays a huge part in a PIP award.

• Posted

Thankyou Denise , I'm mega stressed now , because I didn't give any paper proof . But I spent a week in hospital , due to overdose , then I was under a mental health place . But I actually hate leaving my home . I don't think I'm going to get pip am I ? Stressed out now. I'm on a lot of medication for depression , anxiety , high blood pressure , and propranolol 3 times a day to regulate my heartbeat, my doctor told me I will be on paroxetine for the rest of my life xx

• Posted

I really wouldn't like to say for sure catherine but i've known people be refused with huge amounts of evidence. That assessment report will give you a great idea as to what the decision will be. There will be boxes with dots or ticks next to them, like the descriptors. All you have to do is look at the descriptors and match the dots or ticks up and add the score for each part, Daily living and Mobility. Good luck. xx

• Posted

Hi Catherine,

I took Paroxetine (Seroxat) for several years following a very serious mental breakdown and was told the same as you, that I would be on it for the rest of my life.  My husband did a lot of research and found out that this particular drug was causing people to feel suicidal, I came close to it.   Eventually we insisted that I come off it and it had to be done really slowly to stop horrific side effects and in the end I was taking it in liquid form, just a tiny amount until I was able to stop it completely.  It took a couple of years to do, but I started to feel better without it.  I hope things improve for you. x

• Posted

Thankyou so much for all your advice . Really stressed out about the outcome . I doubt I will get pip just for my depression and anxiety . I was told to apply because I don't ever leave my home . My comfort , but I will let you know how I get on , hopefully help someone else x

• Posted

There's plenty of people claiming it for those very reasons, that suffer everyday. PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you daily, that's what gets the award. Good luck and please do let us know the decision or what the assessment report states and advices the decision maker. x

• Posted

Of course , and I appreciate you talking to me Denise , thankyou x
    • Posted

Hi Catherine I receive PIP standard daily living for depression and axiety. I don't cut myself but don't leave the house unless I have to. I never cook anything apart from toast I never answer the door and have my curtains closed constantly so people can't see that I'm in. With my claim I didn't have an assessment as my Mental health worker sent my forms off with my case plans. I've now had an assessment for review and it wasn't pleasant hope your ok tho

• Posted

Thankyou Michelle , the lady that came out was very nice . I told her all my medical history , my depression , what I used to be like , compared to how I am now , I take propranolol 3 times a day , lisinopril, amlodopine and aspirin for blood pressure , plus seroxat twice a day for depression , I hate having to leave my home , I have no Interest in anything anymore , I don't cook , hardly ever get dressed , I'm really stressed out waiting for an answer x

• Posted

Hi Catherine, try to relax, i know that's hard to do but there's nothing you can do until you know the decision. You'll know more once you recieve the assessment report, hopefully this report will arrive in the next few days. This will give you some idea what that decision is likely to be. mostly the decision maker goes with that report.

• Posted

Thanks all for your comments . Still haven't received the information , I rang again a few days ago and it was in the hands of the case manager . I'm not feeling at all optimistic . Even though I can't leave my home because of the awful panic attacks , I haven't been outside the door for months . I appreciate your help , and wish you all the best x

• Posted

Hi, if you still haven’t received that report then ring them again tomorrow and check it’s been sent. If they had sent when they said they did then you should have received it by now. Sometimes people from DWP aren’t always truthful.
  • Posted

Hi Catherine.

I know how you feel. I’m still waiting on the decision of my pip.

I sent the review form back at the beginning of August, went for the assessment beginning of October (7 weeks ago) and I’ve still heard nothing. I rang the DWP twice now for the assessment report and still recieved nothing.

My nerves are wrecked, my anxiety is through the roof.

I just want to know either way.

I was already getting pip to the end of December 2019, but my condition and symptoms have changed over the past 18 months.

Thats the only reason I got in touch with the DWP.

The assessor even said to me, It shouldn’t be too long a wait because I was already receiving pip!

Firstly I can’t understand why they havn’t sent the assessment report and secondly, why is it taking this long for a desicion.

• Posted

Hi, 

I’m not sure why you were told a decision wouldn’t be too long because you’re already receiving PIP. No one can tell you how long a decision will be because time scales vary across the country and it depends on backlog in your area. Also already having PIP makes no difference because you rang with a change of circumstances, this is always risky and many people have lost what they already have by doing this. Have you asked if the report has been returned to DWP yet? Sometimes a claimants report is sent to audit and this can delay to decision process. I would advice you to ring DWP again Monday morning and ask. If it’s not back then they can’t send you a copy. If it isn’t back I’d also advice you to ring the assessment providers and ask what’s going on. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.