Cath

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I'm so stressed out , I've suffered with horrendous depression for many years , panic attacks are awful ,anxiety . I constantly cut myself , and someone told me about pip , I applied and 2weeks ago a lady from capita came out to see me , I was completely honest about my day to day living . I'm concerned as I haven't heard anything

2 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I too had my f2f at the begining of this month. After the first 7 days I rang and asked if I could have a report of my assessment and and I was told DWP had not recieved it yet and to ring in 7-14 days. I rang DWP again and they said my report had been assessed by Atos and once DWP recieved it they would send me a copy. I received the Report within 5 days. Going on the evidence of the HP report I should get Standard rate in both daily living and Mobility, but the assessor may still award the higher rates if he thinks my report is unjust, I was only 1 point awayfrom higher rate on daily living and 2 points on mobility.... so now its a waiting game ... I hope Your application is successful and please remember there are some fantastic people on here who are always ready and willing to give help and advise and never think your alone 
    • Posted

Hi Jack,

Once the assessor has written the report and given points it’s the decision maker or case manager that makes the final decision. Mostly they go with what states in the report, it’s very rare for them to go against it. 

Once you know the decision if the award has stayed at standard for both and there’s a high chance it will. You can challenge the decision and ask for a mandatory reconsideration, you have 1 calendar month from the date of the decision to ask for this. You’ll need to put your request in writing pointing out what you disagree with and where you think you should have gained those extra points. It’s also worth remembering that most MR decisions remain the same and there’s only a 20% success rate at this stage. They look at the whole award again and there’s also a chance you could lose everything, your award could also be increased. However, you’ll most likely have to take it too Tribunal and the waiting times for this can be anything from 10 months and more. Your payments will be made while you wait for the decision. If you go down this route and take it to Tribunal the chances of success are much greater for those that appear in person. Good luck. 

• Posted

Hi all I rang again today , and the lady told me that I had been awarded the enhanced payment , I'm so relieved , thankyou for your advice xx

• Posted

Well done..I'm sure your glad it's all over ....the stress is absolutely terrible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.