Cause of dead Immune System

Posted , 8 users are following.

What causes Immune systems to become useless and non functional ? Is it drugs too many, to strong ,killing off what is good stuff in our blood,  ?

taking yet more drugs to compensate for blood disorders,to give the system chance to revive to fight back, but seemingly never does.      

What happens when the immune system can't take any more drugs, 

does it shut down totally, and then what?????????????????????????                 

0 likes, 95 replies

95 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

immune systems thrive from bacterial attacks during childhood; playing in the dirt boosts your immune system.  Antibiotics kill harmful bacteria and leave they then your body  Antibodies are the body's natural defence mechanism but if they cannot manage   then antibiotics are more important.  The body's gut has so much bacteria for digestion that you will never eliminate bacteria from it. A sterile home environment will not encourage antibody production. you have to get ill to make more antibodies.  Your immune system does not usually shut down unless attacked by a virus such as HIV but this does not happen overnight.

richard

• Posted

I'm stuffing myself with probiotics to give my antibodies a helping hand. I'm quite good at picking up the odd virus, glad to say nothing as nasty 

as you have suggested., Probably consumed more than my share of muck over the years, dogs horses, mucking out. I think that everyone

gets run down at some pointt in their life ,so no one is immune

• Posted

We must take what builds up the immunity we have. I don't think this is going to be done with drugs somehow. Stick to natural remedies like Echinacea and go onling with questions: What should I eat to strengthen my immune system?  What foods will strengthen my immune system?  We have to inform ourselves and have a really good source these days that our grandmothers never had. Whatever drugs we take are counteracted by others and war against one another. I now go online with the name of everything that is prescribed to me. I want to know what is contraindicated with all medication recommended for me. Doctors have their time cut out already and these Notes for the Patient are meant for US and not them. Look up everything you can find about your medication. If in doubt, ask questions. Take the sunshine that we all need for Vitamin D. Up pop people telling us it is bad for us.  We risk cancer of the skin. There is a negative about everything positive. We get ill without Vitamin D and yet are told not to sit in the sun where it is free.  I think we should only use oils on our skins as we cannot trust creams any more. Many of them have harmful substances in them. Further on in this discussion I mention  METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE.  It is very harmful yet still use in some skin creams! Never forget everything is a question of $$$
    • Posted

Good to read your comments, and yes plastics are a big menace and I do my best to use as much glass containers as possible, but I'm not perfect but aware.

I can't take sun anymore, so Vit D supplements are my friend...I was very very low in Vit D when I tested in 2006 but I'm not a sun worshipper anymore after a lifetime...and one needs to get a LOT of sun to get good Vit D levels, not full of clothing....

Grape seed extract has been my salvationn for 19 yrs now and this keeps me pretty healthy all in all.....not many drugs for this lady and I don't buy commerical creams and toothpastes, make my own brews often....

Don't forget the fluoride in so MUCH of the industrialized world, tap water with fluoride and chlorine are killers.....J   

• Posted

hey joy

i just bought some grapeseed ...even tho i have a grapevine and the skins are full of resveratrol ...in view of your advice re diff with extracting from seeds i got some ... in particular also since it helps with candidiasis..which, after all this time and denial 

(!!),  i think i may have...see symptoms listed on my new topic per candidiasis. thank you soooo much for the tip xxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

like your thinking mayday ! xxxxxxxxx
    • Posted

Good  Marey, keep it up.....and for Jacqi, I suspect someone who took a large amount of antiobiotics in their life, the system is suffering....I've not taken hardly any in my longlife, guess I've just been healthy and never needed them...a couple  here and there and now since hip replacement I have a stash of Amoxicillian I need to take when I have any dental work, evening cleaning teeth, but I keep my teeth pretty good without a dentist now.....grape seed ex also keeps gums much healthier.

Make sure when one takes antiobiotics, probiotics NEED to be taken as well....I think so so many don't know this and don't think conventional MD's even talk about this.....sad

Echineaca is my go to herbal "antiobiotic" when I feel a cold could hit me....I hit it with "E" higher dosing and I zap it.......J   

• Posted

thanks joy....I appreciate you xxxxxxxxxx
  • Posted

Auto immune disease are anti bodies that identify the own body such as joint tissue as a invader and attracts the area causing arthritis and lupus, PSA , psoriasis as there r many on the list.

the body attacking itself basically.sad

• Posted

I don't think that I have  A.I. disease .A consultant suggested that my immune system had taken a battering, thanks to th copious amounts 

of antibiotics that I had been given  As they are moving out, on, dispersing, with help from natural remedies, vitamin D,  probiotics

and NO MORE antibiotics I am reviving .No more oral thrush, no styes. no spots (at my age, I ask you )

Just had an op on my shoulder , key hole surgery .My immune system is obviously back up to par .Wounds disappeared  very little pain,but

that comes with the exercises 

It needs you to fight for yourself , think positve. NOTsad  but  cheesygrin 

v

• Posted

hello hope...you've been quiet for a while...good to see you still around xxxxxxxxxx
  • Posted

What??? Could u be more specific? I have a auto immune disease like arthritis.marthritis is when the white blood cells attack my own body.

i also have psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Same issue as above.

noone know why the body attacks itself. However sometime these immune diseases can go into remission. I have no idea why some months I feel 100-% other months I can hardly move just rest. 

There are many ways to manage these immune diseases. I try them all including vit-D,supplements especially amino acids, treatments with physical therapy &  diet . I read up stay in touch with new meds and new diets exercise and I find attitude and positive outlook stay busy with the things that u luv to do & volunteering with different groups helps me mentally & physically to remain active . Antiinflam diet does help. A weaken immune system has been a heriditary factor in my family.  I have watched many family members suffer throught the years.

Also A deficiency of dietary protein or amino acids has long been known to impair immune function and increase the susceptibility of animals and humans to infectious disease. in the past 15 years the underlying studies I have read on cellular and molecular mechanisms begun to be understood. Protein malnutrition reduces concentrations of most amino acids in plasma. Findings from recent studies indicate an important role for amino acids in immune responses by regulating: (1) the activation of T lymphocytes, B lymphocytes, natural killer cells and macrophages; (2) cellular redox state, gene expression and lymphocyte proliferation; and (3) the production of antibodies, cytokines and other cytotoxic substances. Increasing evidence in the studies I have read shows that dietary supplementation of specific amino acids to animals and humans with malnutrition and infectious disease enhances the immune status, thereby reducing morbidity and mortality.

There are many docs who specialize in enhancing the immune system. I have a good one and the important realization is I beleive in myself knowing I can improve my health. 

• Posted

Oh you guys were a great read. Very knowledgeable. And funny!

u all made my day.....

cheesygrin

• Posted

Does anybody know if you can buy Broncho Vaxom in the UK? My mother has been taking it for years in Switzerland, has recently moved back to the UK and the doctor says they don't have it and told her to take vitamins!! Would appreciate advice. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.