CBD (cannabis Oil)

Posted , 11 users are following.

Has anyone tried CBD oil for BPH or any other prostate issues? I have read a couple of positives articles and am thinking of giving it a shot. Seems to be pricey but worth it if it has some beneficial success....Billy

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What have you read? What do you do? Drink it? Apply it topically?

It has some amazingly beneficial properties and is being used for some very difficult conditions.

• Posted

Article is titled The Untapped Healing Potential of DMSO

• Posted

Another with warnings is 'What is DMSO'

It might help my tendon issues. Strange how it gives users a garlic taste and they give off a garlic odour.

• Posted

I tried CBD oil (one vial) - more to see if it would help with back pain than anything else.

Did some research, ordered what was suppose to be one of the more reliable brands which was quite expensive for such a small amount. Took it according to directions but noticed absolutely no difference in anything.

Personally, I'm skeptical and like most supplements, there is little other than anecdotal evidence that I've seen, to support it.

• Posted

Search a bit more it is quite well documented. It works for most but not for me.

• Posted

You got me thinking. I've used DMSO with great success for inflammation of the tendons from running, specifically plantar fasciitis and achilles tendinitis. I've gone from painful to no pain whatsoever after one application of DMSO.

It penetrates and reduces inflammation. I was thinking it should work for prostatitis. So I google it and found an interesting article that said relief was found when injected by catheter up the uretha to the prostate area. Fascinating. Google DMSO and Prostate

• Posted

As the only use the FDA approve it for is for interstitial cystitis you are certainly in the right area.

• Posted

Have you ever been prescribed Cipro or Fluoroquinolones for prostate or urinary related issues ?

Plantar fasciitis and achilles tendinitis can be caused by them or they can return when the drugs are later prescribed without having again injured the tendons.

• Posted

DMSO was banned years ago and is not legally available today. Experimenting on yourself can be dangerous.

• Posted

My question was about the use of CBD (hemp)oil. I don't know what DMSO is but it is readily available in numerous places and stores. So, it's not banned!

• Posted

I buy DMSO at health food stores. CDB oil is available at the same places and head shops.

All I know is what I read off google.

If you google "DMSO and prostate" you find a medical study that I referenced.

If you google "CDB and prostate" you don't find much but articles talk about more research needed for this promising yada yada.

I've read a lot about DMSO and I use it for running injuries, mostly tendinitis. Do your own reading and research. I think the risks are overblown. But everyone needs to make up their own mind.

• Posted

Ban was lifted in 1966. This is from the NYT archives:

WASHINGTON, Dec. 22 The Food and Drug Administration announced today it would allow doctors to resume using DMSO on human patients in research studies provided the controversial drug was given under strictly controlled circumstances.

• Posted

Strictly controlled circumstance means when there is no other suitable drug for a

serious condition as also now applies to Cipro and Fluoroquinolones . Bayer sent letters to all American doctors to that effect over two years ago.

UK pharmacists have had warnings issued by the EMA ( European Medicines Agency) recently on Cipro and Fluoroquinolones and all British doctors will be getting letters later this month.

• Posted

I have done as much research as you, Motto. Again, my question was..."Has anybody tried CBD oil for BPH?" Thanks for your input on DMSO!

• Posted

DSMO (Dimethyl sulfoxide) is a tiny molecule {two methyl groups (2 carbon atoms) plus a sulfur atom and an oxygen atom}. So tiny that your immune system does not see it and it passes harmlessly out of the body. It is a solvent (like any detergent) and as such can dissolve through your skin (a lipid membrane) which is how it can be used medically. One side of the molecule (the water soluble side) will attach to just about any drug and the other side (the oil soluble side) will carry the drug through your skin into your interstitial fluid.

So the reason it can be dangerous is that anything it touches can possibly be carried into your body through your skin. You only need to use care not to use, say colored towels which have dye in them. Also be sure to wash the area with fresh water when you are done before putting on your colored clothes. Other than that I'd say it is harmless in reasonable quantities.

I use it sometimes to "push" aspercream into a sore joint but it can also act as an anti-inflammatory on a local level. The DSMO will simply penetrate the area, attach to any water molecules nearby (which are attached to the inflammatory chemicals in the sore joint) and defuse the complex away from the joint and out of your body.

The reason it was "banned" was actually due to the fact that it was never approved by the FDA for human use (it has been used for ever in horse liniment). Why? Because it is super cheap as a byproduct of making wood pulp in paper manufacturing. Since it is so cheap and plentiful there is no drug company willing to spend the massive amount of money needed to run human trials. And if some company did run the trials they would never recover their expenses because it is so cheap to make!

David

• Posted

We know your question. I'd love the answer too. I wasn't trying to hijack your thread. You should google it and look for medical journal articles. I didn't find much but I didn't look very long. You should also consider maybe other boards? Holistic healing boards specializing in CDB? Just spitballing here...

• Posted

I don't see why it would do anything for your prostate apart from it generally relaxing you and aiding sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.