CBD (cannabis Oil)

Posted , 11 users are following.

Has anyone tried CBD oil for BPH or any other prostate issues? I have read a couple of positives articles and am thinking of giving it a shot. Seems to be pricey but worth it if it has some beneficial success....Billy

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Banned seems to be a casually used word. Melatonin is not generally available in the UK without a doctors prescription but you can buy it on line.

• Posted

If you want to find out about DMSO post a question on the IC-network website (for interstitial cystitis). It is delivered via catheter into the bladder and held there for 1-2 hours to give pain relief. I don't think you can deliver it to the prostate directly as you can't hold it there. An alternative via tablet is AZO (phenazopyridine), which you can buy on Amazon in tablet form, I use it regularly for IC and it is very effective in calming the bladder. It does make your urine go bright orange though and as Azo is a dye it will stain clothing. AZO is banned for sale in EU as the dye form can be carcinogenic but there is an MHRA (UK medicines regulator) drug advisory report on this med which you can look up, seems reasonably safe to me.

• Posted

Interesesting. AZO is an alternative for what? Would it reduce the number of times I go to the bathroom at night?

• Posted

well it is a sort of bladder anaesthetic and i find i can go much longer between voids when taking it. i wouldnt use it every day though as it can make you feel a bit yukky, best taken with a meal.

• Posted

Did anybody actually read my post? I did NOT ask about DMSO. CBD oil was my question. Mr moderator since you don't post my replies anyway, please close this discussion,

• Posted

Hostile much dude? This was a comment below another comment...

• Posted

Once you start it becomes a general discussion as others join it.

• Posted

CBD has some evidence of working for folk with bone pain.

If you have anything else going on, there is (as far as I understand) no clinical evidence that it's of any use.

As I have PCa and undergone, surgery, radiation (high dose treatment and moderate dose treatment); ADT meds etc, I was OPEN to CBD, but as I have no bone pain (thankfully), I chose not to use it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.