CBD Oil Can Cause Insomnia in Some People

Posted , 6 users are following.

I figured out what has caused my insomnia to be permanent.

I was taking CBD oil that was recommended to me for allergies.

Not for anxiety I wasn’t really having that bad of anxiety and could handle myself well.

I took it for about 7 months.

Everything was good to start.

But then I would get a funny feeling in my head and panic then I started getting crazy panic attacks.

Didn’t even cross my mind that it could be the oil.

I started having terrible insomnia but ignored it.

Started taking Flonase for a few months and that’s when I eventually stopped sleeping.

That went off and on for a while not sleeping/sleeping between going to my parents and staying at my place.

Have dreams sometimes but am awake at the same time.

I know it was the CBD oil and wish I could turn back time where I never picked up the stuff because before my health was fine.

I had started slowly but took up to 3 dropper fulls daily sometimes an additional half a dropper in between.

Now I hardly eat and am depressed from not sleeping.

Does anyone know of this happening?

Is there any way of erasing the damage from CBD oil?

I feel awful like I’m dying!!!

It has been 2 1/2 months already.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Can you explain to me what you mean by full dropper and half dropper. I was up to 5 drops x 2 a day but had no trouble with sleep.

• Posted

more than a drop!

a dropper full might be an eigth of a teaspoon - definitally more than a drop each time

• Posted

I dont know of anybody taking that much to be honest. Who advised you on taking all that.?

• Posted

i guess myself 😦

i read you can never take too much - says the people who do take high doses of it

• Posted

thats the worse

i couldnt afford it yet i kept buying

about $120 a month

• Posted

you know I just looked at the bottle and I was wrong about the dosing

so the whole bottle is 300 mg

but the dose i took it was 1ml per dropper full so each ml measured 10 mg

so i estimate i was taking 45 mg per day at 90 lbs

• Posted

That sounds like way to much. Drops and dropper full are completely different. I read up quite a bit in the cbd groups I'm in. Never read anyone take a full dropper full..

• Posted

I'm sorry I can't be of any practical help, but I've been doing a lot of internet research on the subject of CBD oil. It's just starting to come into use here in Europe, but only for a small number of conditions, and only under strict medical supervision.

You say it was recommended to you for allergies. I'm just wondering whether that means it was prescribed, or at least suggested, by a doctor.

There's a lot of interesting stuff on-line about CBD oil, much of it sounding a note of caution. There's a good article about it on the WebMD site. I can't post a link or the moderator will have me, but it's easy to find. This article mentions the fact that CBD oil production and sales are largely unregulated in the US (which is where I assume you are) with as many as 20% of samples actually containing THC - the psychoactive element of cannabis - as well as CBD.

This could cause a lot of problems. Although THC is largely responsible for the sedative effect of weed, it can cause acute anxiety in a small number of people - usually those with a genetic predisposition. This could possibly account for the panic attacks and funny feeling in your head that you describe.

If this is the case, I'd predict that your symptoms will wear off in another few months - as long as you stay away from CBD oil, weed and preferably any other recreational drugs for a while. It might help to discuss this with your doctor too.

• Posted

Which country are you in. In the UK it is readily available in health food stores, pharmacies and on the internet .

• Posted

Is it really? That's interesting. I thought the well-publicised struggle to allow cannabis-based products into the UK for children with certain types of epilepsy was about CBD oil.

• Posted

That was Cannabis the CBD on general sale is from the hemp plant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.