CBD Oil Can Cause Insomnia in Some People

Posted , 6 users are following.

I figured out what has caused my insomnia to be permanent.

I was taking CBD oil that was recommended to me for allergies.

Not for anxiety I wasn’t really having that bad of anxiety and could handle myself well.

I took it for about 7 months.

Everything was good to start.

But then I would get a funny feeling in my head and panic then I started getting crazy panic attacks.

Didn’t even cross my mind that it could be the oil.

I started having terrible insomnia but ignored it.

Started taking Flonase for a few months and that’s when I eventually stopped sleeping.

That went off and on for a while not sleeping/sleeping between going to my parents and staying at my place.

Have dreams sometimes but am awake at the same time.

I know it was the CBD oil and wish I could turn back time where I never picked up the stuff because before my health was fine.

I had started slowly but took up to 3 dropper fulls daily sometimes an additional half a dropper in between.

Now I hardly eat and am depressed from not sleeping.

Does anyone know of this happening?

Is there any way of erasing the damage from CBD oil?

I feel awful like I’m dying!!!

It has been 2 1/2 months already.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I just wanted to warn you that Flonase can give you anxiety insomnia too. In fact every nasal decongestant anxiety is a side effect... Even the non prescription over the counter stuff can be bad. The only thing I can take is saline solution and lets face it, it does not work. I have not tried CBD yet but I researched it a lot. For anxiety less is better. Too much will cause anxiety. So you taking too much CBD and also taking Flonase, you got a double whammy. Read the reviews for Flonase, you are not alone. Also search for CBD caused anxiety on forums and almost every time the person took too much. 8 mg x3 a day is the typical anxiety CBD dose. Much higher dosages for pain management is needed for those people. Everybody is different though as to reactions. What works for one may not work for you.

• Posted

Good point Marvin about nasal decongestants in general - I'd forgotten that. Years ago my doctor prescribed Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) as a decongestant when I was having an attack of sinusitis. It didn't cause insomnia or anything I recognised as anxiety, but I immediately started getting horrendous nightmares, which stopped when I stopped the medication.

I wasn't combining it with CBD of course, but I can well imagine that each could potentiate the side-effects of the other.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.