CBD oil for knee pain.

Posted , 21 users are following.

There appears to be a lot of hype about CBD oil at the moment with it being the best seller in most health shops. A close friend of mine had been using it for two weeks and has had remarkable results. He has a cartilage defect and was told he could have a cartilage patch fitted on the NHS with an operation. However since using this CBD oil, he has ditched his walking stick and knee supports and clearly is walking more spritely. He has advised me to buy a medium strength bottle costing around £18. Think I will give it a go and post back here if anyone is inteterested. I suffer from OA of the knee.

0 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What is CBD and yes please tell us your results, as I too suffer from OA  

thanks Katie

• Posted

Its derived from cannabis - its a hemp oil. google it, I am going to ask my GP if it is safe to take with my other medical conditions. As i am bone on bone and trying to stave off a knee replacement as i am under 60. 
    • Posted

Did you try it?  I am 62 have bone on bone and am not a good candidate for knee surgery so that is not an option.  Would love to hear from you!  Thanks!

Suzie

• Posted

I’m 66 and also have bone on bone knee problems.  I purchased the rub on balm for $44 hoping it would relieve my pain but sadly it had no effect.
    • Posted

Ugh that sucks!  Sorry to hear that.  I won't have surgery as I am a poor candidate and very risky.  I won't buy the CBD oil then.   

• Posted

TKR is the only thing when you are bone on bone. Or maybe stem cell cartilage. It’s not reversible.
    • Posted

Some people, such as myself, are very risky candidates for surgery, and you can end up in worse shape.  It's a gamble I won't risk taking.

• Posted

Do you mind me asking why you are a risky candidate, there may be ways round it.
    • Posted

Yes, I have poor circulation in my legs, it condition called chronic venous insufficiency. A simple scratch can take up to a year to heal. I also have lymphedema in both my legs. It is just a chance and I am not going to take. Last year I fell off a treadmill, I got a huge lump on my leg that had to be drained. It was then packed and the idea was to have it heal from the bottom up, that's why you had to pack it. On a healthy leg it would take 2 weeks to heal. Mine took 6 months. And a year later I still have everything on that leg that looks like it was just done yesterday. I am just a poor candidate for knee replacement surgery. Any trauma to the leg, is just risky and one that I am not willing to take this big of a gamble on.

• Posted

My husband has the same problem, his legs look awful, but he is diabetic and on blood thinners. How about arthroscopy, have you or would you try something using that. Before my knee replacements I had micro fracture, this helped me a lot, pain wise.

I have also sent you a p.m.

• Posted

I've never tried CBD - waiting for a TKR at the moment, but I have started using turmeric with black pepper which seems to be working miracles.  I am now in much less pain and only suffer when going down steps or steep inclines.  They don't cost too much either and can be bought at any health food shop or from Amazon.  Must be with black pepper though for absorption  and take it with meals as fat is necessary too.

• Posted

I asked about this in Holland and Barrett health shop. They told me it does nothing for OA so I didn't buy it

• Posted

How funny I ordered some last night (during the 4am slot) so will let you know if it does anything. 
  • Posted

Like a lot of things, if it helps, use it. I tried 3 different Strengths and got the same results as eating a bag of jelly beans. One lady in TX swore by the candy but no help here. Its not additive, proud R's no high and it isn't harmful to the body so that's why I gave it a try. The internet has a full slate of sellers and from the ads it appears to all come from the same supplier, at least in the US. Here they offer an introductory bottle at a bargain price but if you aren't careful you've bought 2 more at a much higher price. I bought mine from a retailer with a local supply source but my guess it all comes from one of the Scandinavian countries. Like I said, it comes in three strengths and you pay according t o strength.

People in pain will pay anything for relief. You just have to be careful That is isn't dangerous or causes more bodily harm than you start with.

• Posted

I have used Voltaren Gel (RX in the US) for years.  Now it's my #2 topical anti-inflammatory.  A while back, a particular friend sent me some "Lotion"...that's it...just "Lotion".  Light green with an earthy scent made in particular states by particular professionals who use particular WHOLE plants in their particular recipes.  "Lotion" is available at particular stores in those particular states and sold to particular people who are in possession of a particular medical card.

Got that present one day from that particular friend...ahhhhh...Lotion.  #1 topical anti-inflammatory/pain reliever on the planet.  Works on me in 5 minutes (vs. 15 for Voltaren).  Now I am NEVER without this magical brew...

PS: "Lotion" is a combination of any body cream or lotion you desire PLUS an amount of "tincture".  This is the raw, gooey, INSANELY STRONG, medicinal, non-recreational, cooked-down extract from the whole plant...NOT just the oil.  One dose is the size of a grain of rice.  Eight doses a day kills cancer...period...saved my daughter's life from Stage 3, Type C, BRCA-1 breast cancer four years ago.  Tumor completely disappeared in 4 weeks...three months later, double mastectomy pathology came back completely clean...doctors freaked out.  Mix some tincture with regular lotion and you get "LOTION"!!!

• Posted

It's the buds Chico, that's what contain it, you'd have to grow it yourself.

• Posted

We know the pros in Colorado who grow the selected strains and make the stuff from scratch.  Believe it or not, they're NOT stoners!!!  Ph.D. biochemists!!!  Decided not to work for Big Pharma.  Very particular about their process.  Even chant and pray over it while cooking.  Cured my daughter's Stage 3, Type C, BRCA-1 breast cancer in four weeks with the pure, medicinal tincture.  

• Posted

Me want lotion!

😀😁😃

For other knee!

But where is particular and all its myriads?

Can see oil products on net...

I don't have private messaging enabled, please could you contact via my website contact form with info? Or if too much hassle I can change my settings for a few days!

• Posted

The most powerful, cancer-destroying, painkilling version of whole-plant products is called "t i n c t u r e".  One "dose" is the size of a grain of rice...used for cancer patients.  Mix some of it with ANY favorite hand cream (until you get a nice light green color from a white cream base) and you get "Lotion".  Remember, CBD oil alone does not have the same effect as a whole-plant recipe...there is a huge synergistic effect between the CBD and T H C.  Also note that the topical "Lotion", even with the T H C, does NOT produce any "high" since it is not inhaled or ingested.  I find that it eliminates my pain in 5 minutes...it's that good.  Even better is to rub it on and then use a hand massager to work it in.  FANTASTIC.  Just gotta get your hands on the main ingredient and mix it yourself or buy the straight up, pre-mixed "Lotion" from a dispensary.  I prefer the former method since I can control the strength of the "Lotion".

• Posted

My sister-in-law was in a very bad car accident two years ago. Her both legs were crushed needing one leg to be amputated the other one is contracted and held together with bolts and screws. She is only 59 years old and in constant nerve and phantom pain. Do you think “tincture” could relieve her pain?  Any advice as to where she can find the lotion would be appreciated. She has taken different pain meds and mirror therapy with no results. Feel so sorry for her that her quality of life is so diminished!
    • Posted

Relieve the pain?  Geez...I tried one drop after my TKR and I was seeing triple.  Really potent stuff used mostly for chronic illnesses, Parkinsons, cancer, etc.  You stay on it until cured and then a maintenance dose.  Long-term pain like you are describing is probably better handled by an inhaled vaporized oil from the whole plant and not just CBD.  The synergistic effect of the THC and CBD is what makes the treatments work.  I have no experience with just CBD products.

Unfortunately, these "whole plant" items can only be purchased legally in certain states at licensed dispensaries by people with the proper medical credentials.  Many "medical refugees", regular Americans, have moved just to be able to purchase these medicines.  We are lucky that Texas just passed the correct law here and dispensaries will be opening soon in our area.  Good for my wife as she needs this treatment long-term for the effects of her brain aneurysm surgery and two strokes.

I cannot speak to illegal ways to obtain such products.

• Posted

Thanks for your response, hope your wife has good results with this treatment. Too bad Georgia & N.J. don’t have any dispensaries to help people who truly need it!

• Posted

NJ passed the law (I think) but Christy has been dragging his feet.  With a new Democratic governor in January, I think you will see speedy movement in this area. Forget Georgia...they're stuck in the 1860's.

Read above how the tincture cured my daughter's breast cancer.  This is NOT recreational stuff but pure medicine.  Give it a few years...  The next Democratic president will eliminate all federal restrictions and this will be available in all 50 states.  Remember, these are greedy politicians and there's just too much money to be made taxing its sale.  Just wait for it...  In the meantime, people do what they must.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.