CBD oil for knee pain.

Posted , 21 users are following.

There appears to be a lot of hype about CBD oil at the moment with it being the best seller in most health shops. A close friend of mine had been using it for two weeks and has had remarkable results. He has a cartilage defect and was told he could have a cartilage patch fitted on the NHS with an operation. However since using this CBD oil, he has ditched his walking stick and knee supports and clearly is walking more spritely. He has advised me to buy a medium strength bottle costing around £18. Think I will give it a go and post back here if anyone is inteterested. I suffer from OA of the knee.

0 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Well, no other replies, but yes report back. People with O A facing possible surgery will definitely try it. Look foward to hearing your report. Sue
    • Posted

Sorry all . messages didn't load and it appeared no replies. Have read all responses .

• Posted

Post TKR I purchased some 20% CBD oil for pain relief from Holistic Botanicals. Not a pleasant taste, but helped with my pain during my twice a day CPM (machine that bends the leg/knee) sessions.

A friend suggested I try it after he had an extraordinary result. His aged dog was diagnosed with cancer 18 months ago. The vet gave him some pain killers as the dog was no longer eating, so it was thought he had hours to live.

Hours after his first dose of CBD, his demeanor changed and he seemed far more alert. That night he ate and the next morning his coat had its shine back and he went for a short walk. The dog is still with us !

Has to be worth a try. Im naturally a little suspicious of pharms companies, whose very existence relies on us being ill ! Moreover, these pharms companies have hundreds of patents pending for cannabis based products, so there must be something in it... 

Rgds - Peter

• Posted

HI Peter,  you you happen to know if this is available in UK?  
    • Posted

Hi Mary - Im in the UK and the company in question also are. Having said that I went to their site yesterday to place an order to find all products out of stock... Im currently looking at cbdbrothers....

Rgds - Peter

• Posted

Thanks for the info Peter.  Must admit I've been put off a bit by the comment on here by someone who says it stopped her from sleeping for 36hours!  I'm not the soundest sleeper at the best of times; have you noticed anything like this?

• Posted

Hi Mary, if you're in the U.K. You can't buy it strong enough to help with pain, also it's a very expensive way to find out it only has a placebo efffect.

It makes you feel more alert, like caffeine does, that's all.

It's different components of the plant, and thc is illegal over here.

I wouldn't waste your money. Lots of companies are jumping on the bandwagon, medicinal cannabis is not available legally.

• Posted

I tried the CBD oil. I could not sleep for 36 hours, yes you reading it right 36 hrs. Finally I got to bed. It had been a 550mg bottle and I took 3 drops, never again. I tried it because I kept reading about how it is like a miracle drug, well not for me

• Posted

Hi

I am writing this again because for some reason the first one didn’t go through. I tried three drops of the CBD oil under my tongue. I did not sleep for 36 hours, yes 36. I thought it would make me drowsy so I took it before bed. It was a terrible reaction for me, my pain was ok but the not sleeping almost drove me crazy. Never again

• Posted

There are MANY strains of CBD oil...some are for sleep, some are for pain, some are for "happy times".  You have to find the right one for you.

• Posted

WOW! ME AND MY MOM NEED THIS CBD.. my mom is a cancer survivor,and suffers from OA
  • Posted

Here's my 2 cents. 4 years ago I had a severe knee injury. The inflammation never fully went away. Three weeks ago I started taking CBD 100 mg 2X day within 3 days the inflammation was greatly reduced within a week pretty much gone. Now I am just left with the weight I gained from inability to use it. It also helped my sleep. I sleep very well now. One thing was that after it being swolen for so long and then reduced suddenly my ligaments are snapping over the joints Because they stretched out. Today for the first time in years I was able to get on my hands and knees. I am blown away because I was very cynical that this stuff had any benefit. Yet out of desperation to heal myself I tried it. It's amazing! I can finally say I am recovering! Rebuilding strength.

• Posted

Hi

I am so glad it worked for you. Unfortunately it did nothing for me, in fact the first time I tried it I was awake for 36 hours straight. Maybe that’s just how my body reacted. The second time I tried it , I was able to sleep but again no change in is or tkr pain. Whatever works is a God send, I wish you luck and good health

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.