CBT and ME

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know it looks like a secret code!!

My local mental health team have offered me a computerised course of CBT along with a human facilitator. Apparently a fully humanised course is a long wait! :cry:

Anyone got any experience of this? I would go to a local Mind type unit for it :roll:

Does CBT help at all. I do tend to have depression (pre dating the ME) cos life has thrown a lot of c**p at me :wah:

Dale xxx

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

CBT is good, I can vouch for it, but you have to do the work, and you get homework :roll:

What's a facillitator? Isn't that what Katie wore on her head to Anna's wedding :?

• Posted

Ha Ha! Maybe that's why I looked so awful in all the photos - I knew something wasn't quite right!:weird: Thank god for airbrushing!

Crikey, Dale - that sounds a bit on the complicated side :shock:

If you do go ahead we will be interested to hear how you go on.

I think the success of CBT depends rather on the individual - some respond well and get a lot out of it - others don't (we discussed it at my ME course and that was the general feeling). Personally, I don't think it would really help me cos I always want to question everything and want to know WHY(typical nurse:nurse: ) - and with CBT there isn't always an answer as to why things work - they just do (or not!). Think I've confused myself now! :roll:

Katie smile

Talking about nurses, Alicia - isn't it annoying that they have changed the time of 'The Royal' :evil: That's my bathtime! (Have had a look through my hubbies drawer but can only find very baggy swimming trunks - no bright red little number, I'm afraid - so it's definitely back to the water wingssad )

• Posted

Hi Tiny Tears

You sound as if you had a great holiday! Where did you go?

We ME sufferers would do anything to be able to go for bike ride - even if it was only round the block on a bike with stablisers! No such luck I am afraid. sad

I used to cycle everywhere and do three extreme spin classes a week at the gym - I was planning to do a spin instructors course before I was struck down sad Count yourself lucky that you can consider other alternatives to CBT. There's nothing like vigourous exercise to get the old endorphins going and make you feel so much better.

Cyber cycling is about all we can manage these days, I am afraid! :wah:

• Posted

Sorry, after I wrote it i did realise my insensitvity :oops: i do apologise. God I am nakered now!!!!!! Take care, Katy
  • Posted

Don't worry Tiny Tears smile No offence taken.

Maybe next time you go out for a ride you can let me ride on the handlebars!! Ha Ha:wink:

• Posted

Where is Tiny Tears's post about bike riding?

what are you on about? :roll:

• Posted

Hi alicia, I dont know where it went . my posts seem to be going missing , like I am invisible or something, ha ha, well I will wear the t-shirt.

Katie K, you can ride on the handle bars , no problemo, its just youll have to shout the directions so I know where to go..........zoooooooooooooooom!!

• Posted

Right Tiny Tears - You're on!!!!!! :run:
  • Posted

On what , exactly?????? :lol: :P :shock: Joking, not taking crappy meds...waist of bloody time. Still get the odd suicidal thiought, but clever enough to stick a photo of my children everywhere so as not to be so selfish.

Sunburn is rubbish. So itchay and flay. I think i am like something out of Beetlejuice...whats that other film when the woman take drugs to stop herself aging, and then all of a sudden it statrts to shed and things quickly drop...I am like that. Must go get ready for work, should I walk, or take my bike????? Sorry at it again, dont mean to be so god damn insensitive. We colud get a pillow and a rope and you could sit on the back wheel, might be easier, or tie a go-cart on. Oh ill shut up now, and get ready for work, Take care Katie K.

• Posted

I know the film you mean Tiny Tears, but can't think of the title - it's the one with Meryl Streep and Goldie HawnReally funny!

I wish you wouldn't 'mess around' with your medication though T T! You should never just stop anything suddenly - it could make you feel even worse. Keep the pictures of your children close by - they love and depend on you and you wouldn't want to do anything to hurt them, would you?

Where do you work on a Sunday? Hope you get double pay? Maybe you are a lady vicar?? :smiley:

Take care Tiny Tears and be good!! :lol:

• Posted

Hi Katie K, just back from work, and so tired. I dont like the last med I was given, it was rubbish!!! What am I going to do ? Oh i dont know.

How are you feeling?

• Posted

Hi Alicia

A facilitator is just someone who facilitates! :D Apparently there is a human there in case the computer work sends you into mental meltdown :cry:

Katie had a fascinator on her head at the wedding... :P

Katie, the timing for The Royal is better for me cos now I can watch that and then turn over for Top Gear :bus: (no car icons!)

Dale xxx

• Posted

Now all becomes clear :idea:
  • Posted

I would probably have looked a darn sight better with a facilitator on my head than a facinator - pity I didn't think about it earlier :roll:

Note to Tiny Tears ........ T T maybe you should go and have a talk with your doctor again - there must be some form of medication that suits you. Take care and look after yourself :hug:

• Posted

Hi Katie k, yup - got my docs tom, but dont know what to say...worried..

Oh , the film is called "Death becomes her"

Just bought a laptop...its ace. :lol:

Take care katie K and everyone on this site.

Going to try apply for teaching. :oops: :roll:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.