cervical spine spondylosis can cause serious heart problems?

Posted , 26 users are following.

Hi im 22 and is my first time posting here smile .... i have been diagnosed first with costochondritis but now a doctor say I have a spine condition , my syntoms are chest pain radiating to the arm, wrist and shoulders, i have a painfull cracking in the base of the neck when the back begins, 4 months past since the first epidose and along this time i sometimes feel strong heart beat when laying down or when i stand up, and a feeling like vertigo in the stomach or chest , i dont know if this is anxiaety cause im a nervous person or something else , i read about the vagus nerve and heart problems that a cervical spine injury can cause and it scare me a lot, tomorrow i ll get some x rays for confirm the spine problem, do you think this wear sensations in the chest are caused by anxiety or there´s really a heart problem cause by a cervical injury there? could it be dangerous?, i get a EKG when the chest pain begin and all is ok, but im still scared sad, thank you for the answers!

3 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think alot is anxiety then as we think about it it releases adrinalin and it takes it into a panick attack or anxiety attack. When I feel this heart beat speeding up and skipping beats my Dr told me to take a Xanax as soon as I feel it coming on and so far it helps. Good luck and talk to your Dr about possibly it being anxiety or panick attacks.
  • Posted

stress, anxiety, PTSD, doctors telling you it is all in your head, will all make you feel worse and it will affect your emotional, psychological, and physical health. most of the medical industry is only concerned with their sales commission and the share prices of the drugs they want to push down our gullet. a good psychologist or licensed therapist to deal with your psychological and emotional state, and a good doctor, spine, neuro, or chiropractor is what you need to treat these symptoms. not necessarily all drugs. maybe surgery, the less invasive the better. fusion is a last resort. hope this helps.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.