cervical spine spondylosis can cause serious heart problems?

Posted , 26 users are following.

Hi im 22 and is my first time posting here smile .... i have been diagnosed first with costochondritis but now a doctor say I have a spine condition , my syntoms are chest pain radiating to the arm, wrist and shoulders, i have a painfull cracking in the base of the neck when the back begins, 4 months past since the first epidose and along this time i sometimes feel strong heart beat when laying down or when i stand up, and a feeling like vertigo in the stomach or chest , i dont know if this is anxiaety cause im a nervous person or something else , i read about the vagus nerve and heart problems that a cervical spine injury can cause and it scare me a lot, tomorrow i ll get some x rays for confirm the spine problem, do you think this wear sensations in the chest are caused by anxiety or there´s really a heart problem cause by a cervical injury there? could it be dangerous?, i get a EKG when the chest pain begin and all is ok, but im still scared sad, thank you for the answers!

3 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Praise the lord,victor. I am shane from India

hope, I have a solution for you. Three years back I got cervical spondylitis . During few days. Of rest I felt a single heart beat skip somtimes when I turned my neck right or left on bed.but neck got Ok and heart beat was normal till few months when I again felt heart beat skip. One thing I wanna tell during these few months since I suffered from cervical spondylitis, I didn't do neck exercises at all instead I was doing all sorts of things and neck movements which can aggravate the problem. So i decided to give good rest to neck n started exercises meant for neck. After few days heart beat skip stopped. it was then I realized it was due to cervical spondylitis. Again I was careless and after nearly two years heart beat skip started again and a new problem of fast heart beat or palpitation also started. It was for few weaks continously, I ignored it n kept doing some physical works which aggravated the fast beats. It became more when I ate something and lay down on bed.all thoughts came abt heart attack. It raised my blood pressure also,then I consulted doctor he was very apt.and good.he listened my whole story and straight away told me it's just becoz of the cervical spondylitis. I was relieved. Then i did few things afterwards.

During these few weeks of tension i had gathered some useful information about cervical spondylitis and my personal experience of three years of cervical spondylitis and fast heart beats.and the confirmation of doctor that fast heart beats was only due to cervical spondylitis i did few things and got healed from heart skip and fast heart beats or palpitations. I Advice you to do this, firstly I ate little for few days becoz I knew due to excess eating habits I had developed little problem of constipation and acidity, it can cause esophagus valve to spasm which is just below heart ventricals and just above stomach, and this can spasm esophagus valve and the spasm can irritate heart ventricular valves or vagus nerve. Which controls heart beat, which in return can beat your heart fast whenever you will eat another thing when you eat something you chew something the movements inside the neck can create more inflammation and can also make your heart beat fast. As vagus nerve responsible for heart beat, which runs down from neck all down to heart and further more upto stomoch. as all these muscles and nerves are connected and related so these movements inside inflamated neck can cause your heart to beat fast.so slow less if you have developed acidity or constipation and chew slowly for few days. Otherwise chew slowly and if you dont feel pain in neck please do exercises for cervical spondylitis and during this period apply heat on neck by hot water bladder. And give good rest to your neck, it will take some days to get healed completely but in few days you will notice that your heart beat skip and fast heart beat will decrease and get to normal.and remember now in order to remain normal through out your life you will have to do regular exercise and careful about neck movements. This will stop the cervical spondylitis to increase. Hope my experience will do good for many people here.praise the lord.

• Posted

I have the similiar symtoms .

Use to have neck pains and Arms .

Doctor said its anxiety and gastric thing . if i use to sleep on  one side i feel better and on stomach sode i felt heart beat skips .

so i figured out 

i did my self few things , improved Eating habits , started gym , anxiety went away so did the Neck pain

eating habit changed the  Routine, Went from 90kg+ to 79 kg .

Sometime i get the same feeling for like 30mins , i can catch now its anxiety for me .

• Posted

Hello Shane Iko! Thanks for sharing your story. I have bone spurs in my neck and the cracking sounds scare me a lot. I notice if I massage my neck it gives me some irregular palpitations right away. I do neck exercises daily and maybe that helps me. I eat healthy because I have Hashimoto's. I thought the irregular palpitations were related to the Hashimoto's but it seems more connected to my neck arthritis. I am 55  years old and doctors don't tell me reason why I got this arthritis in my neck, but it started after infection with EBV (Epstein Barr), two months later I heard my neck cracking weird. Greetings. 

• Posted

Shane! Thank you so much for this response. I'm having issues similar to the ones listed here and I appreciate this advice!

• Posted

Praise the lord,victor.

hope, I have a solution for you. Three years back I got cervical spondylosis. During few days. Of rest I felt a single heart beat skip somtimes when I turned my neck right or left on bed.but neck got Ok and heart beat was normal till few months when I again felt heart beat skip. One thing I wanna tell during these few months since I suffered from cervical spondylitis, I didn't do neck exercises at all instead I was doing all sorts of things and neck movements which can aggravate the problem. So i decided to give good rest to neck n started exercises meant for neck. After few days heart beat skip stopped. it was then I realized it was due to cervical spondylitis. Again I was careless and after nearly two years heart beat skip started and a new problem of fast heart beat or palpitation also started. It was for few weaks continously, I ignored it n kept doing some physical works which aggravated the fast beats. It became more when I ate something and lay down on bed.all thoughts came abt heart attack. It raised my blood pressure also,then I consulted doctor he was very apt.and good.he listened my whole story and straight away told me it's just becoz of the cervical spondylitis. I was relieved. Then i did few things afterwards.

During these few weeks of tension i had gathered some useful information about cervical spondylitis and my personal experience of three years of cervical spondylitis and fast heart beats.and the confirmation of doctor that fast heart beats was only due to cervical spondylitis i did few things and got healed from heart skip and fast heart beats or palpitations. I Advice you to do this, firstly I ate little for few days becoz I knew due to excess eating habits I had developed little problem of constipation and acidity, it can cause esophagus valve to spasm which is just below heart ventricals and just above stomach, and this can spasm esophagus valve and the spasm can irritate heart ventricular valves or vagus nerve.which in return can beat your heart fast whenever you will eat another thing when you eat something you chew something the movements inside the neck can create more inflammation and can also make your heart beat fast. As vagus nerve responsible for heart beat, which runs down from neck all down to heart and further more upto stomoch. as all these muscles and nerves are connected and related so these movements inside inflamated neck can cause your heart to beat fast.so slow less if you have developed acidity or constipation and chew slowly for few days. Otherwise chew slowly and if you dont feel pain in neck please do exercises for cervical spondylitis and during this period apply heat on neck by hot water bladder. And give good rest to your neck, it will take some days to get healed completely but in few days you will notice that your heart beat skip and fast heart beat will decrease and get to normal.and remember now in order to remain normal through out your life you will have to do regular exercise and careful about neck movements. This will stop the cervical spondylitis to increase. Hope my experience will do good for many people here.praise the lord.

• Posted

i have the same problem facing since last 2 years, visited many Dr's but havent found any solution to this. it usually stops for sometime and then suddenly it starts. all possible test i have gone through. finally my Dr has figured about spondylosis.is there any solution for this problem can't it be control?

• Posted

Hi, i'm knew here. i don't have cervical sponylosis but i do have lots of herniated or bulged cervical discs and i have irregular heartbeats. also upper thoracic disc bulges too. actually my whole back is shot. there are 8 nerves that go to the heart from about c2-3 down to t4-5. part of the autonomic/sympathetic-parasympathetic nervous system. all those levels are compromised by bulged discs, bone spurs, and bad facet joints. i have premature atrial contraction, premature ventricle contraction, tachycardia(rapid heart beats). when i treat my neck and/or my upper back, the arrhythmia of the heart do go away for a while. in 2011 i had an epidural at t4-5 and i didn't have an episode for 3 years. since degenerative disc disease is progressive my symptoms do come back. i also get deep tissue massage, cranial-sacral treatments, chiropractic adjustments, stretching, inversion table, neck traction collar, muscle relaxants. basically if i treat the back, i treat the tach, so to speak. my heart is healthy, i just had a 12,000 dollar physical and they doctors couldn't find anything wrong with my heart, although they were trying to bully or scare me into having a cardiac ablation, which may not work or worse i could have complications that would screw me up big time, make it not worth it for me. i have an appointment with my pain/back doctor in a little over a week and i am going to get another epidural, splitting it between c7-t1 and t4-5, thus getting the whole region at all the levels that all those cardiac nerves are at. good luck to all here, there is another site that i belong to, it is the artificial disc replacement support group. it has been a big help for me to understand what is available as far a various treatments go. the best treatments are not available here in the USA, but in Europe. https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/index.php

• Posted

Firstly am so sorry to hear about all you are going through, i am in the same position feeling the same thing except oit of nowhere my heart rate will go up in the 100... Am currently on high blood pressure medicine as well... I dont know what's wrong

Did ekg, brain scan, endoscopy, x-ray on my chest all came back normal ... Only thing i found was the i was out of alignment at my atlas vertebra my nuerologist refered me to a chiropractor(not the usual cracking) i am now back in alignment symtoms hasn't changed, my back get extremely tight usually around my shoulder blades and neck area... Am 23years old..

• Posted

same with me im 21 and I gor ekg xray catscan n now i need to get a cat scan of my neck it started with shortness of breath and heart racing, then my nerves started acting up and i got nervous 4 no reason. one doc said i got a rotated disc in my neck n sent me to a chiropractor and im getting physiotherapy im getting great job offers and i cant perform normal daily tasks. at night i have to lay on my stomach and try to get relief with my neck. when i stand too long my neck shoulders get tight and painful. i get neck spasms and i just cant stand this.. glad theirs ppl that understand how i feel
  • Posted

I am 53 and have the same issue. Heart racing and dizziness when I lay/sleep. This neck pain started after Lyme infection and later Sjogrens diagnosis. For me I do not think it is panic or anxiety (I'm just not an anxious type person). I think the heart racing is somehow due to the neck issue. It's scary. I also have burning in the scapula behind the heart.

• Posted

Hi, regarding your problem if you try Hijamah ( Cupping) Therapy it might solve your problem   Cupping has very good results in such cases   Best wishes 

• Posted

Victor, I would never second guess your problem for fear of being wrong. However with what you have said, I do believe I would take my fears straight to my Dr./ Surgeon. They should take your concerns seriously and ease or confirm your beliefs with Scans, MRI's and Blood work. Don't think I would wait long, as younger people have heart issues as well as the older person.

God Bless You and I wish you good health.

• Posted

Hello Victor, how far have you gone have you fined any solution yet? As I also feel all the symptoms. Mine started 5yers ago after a motor accident which I had a hit at my neck and had a running nose which was bloody as a result of the hit. Ever since I have have been very inactive that I even drop out from the university. My latest symptoms are still the old ones plus new ones which are, ringing in the ear, feeling heart beat, dizziness, vision problems(blurred), intolerance of noise and lights, gurgling in the heart this is new and erythromycin scarry, fast heat rate 2-4 ago, but now very sluggish, pain in the liver side, pain in the chest, pain in the back, gurgling in the stomach, heart burn, chronic anxiety(feeling like some terrible will happen to me the next seconds) . 😓😓😓. Please help me!

• Posted

I'm the same way. I take Xanax when I start to feel that in my heart or chest. Since all my issues and my neck problems when the nerves in my arms and hands start killing me I feel like I'm losing it. It's awful. It's caused panic attacks and anxiety on top of the PTSD I already have. Good luck and prayers to you

• Posted

Hi, i'm 21. My symtoms looks alitle bit similar. I hv been feeling unbearable symtoms for two years now.. i feel pains at right side of my neck radiating to the head and arms..it causes alot of pains to my jaw bones, joints, shoulders, upper n lower back. The neck pain n ebo are acompanied by popping n clicking... and occasionally, i feel mild pains at the chest level n rapid heart bit. I wil be eternally greatful if a suggestion or advice is given from my readers... these pains have really been a distruction to my live..it causes even weight loss.. All these started after i was diagnose of maleria in 2015.. d maleria lasted for some months bfor permenent treatment.. the doc presumed it was a symtom of the long term untreated maleria..but ever since i was treated of the maleria, the pain has been agrevating.. iv drunk pain killers but no way.. i really need advice pls..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.