ceylon cinamon

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi iv been trying to rid my self of my sugar addiction for years mostly in tea i eat very little in cakes or biscuits ,and chocolate. iv found replacing sugar with ceylon cinamon has in 3 days reduced my sugar by 2 spoonfuls a large mug i am now down to to just one of sugar and one of cinamon.

i no that still is not perfect but trust me i drink a lot of tea so i think thats amazing iv tried so many other ways and this is the first to work and so quickly to . my question is ,is there such a thing as consuming to much cinamon . [i do hope not]

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

tiswas24537, 

I believe that moderation in all things is the safest route.  Too much of anything can hurt us.

I too have a sugar addiction and am working to control it.  What I have tried is 70% to 85% cocoa dark chocolate and within a matter of a few days I noticed that my sugar cravings had nearly completely subsided!

Every time I feel a tinge of craving, I eat a small piece of the chocolate.  Just small pieces.  The benefits of this type of chocolate are amazing.  However it tastes horrid!  But for me, who can eat straight sugar, this chocolate has been a miracle in leveling out my blood sugar levels.

Cheers!

Dawn U.S.

• Posted

thanks but iv tried this kind of chocolate it makes me heave 

i will stick with the cinamon it seems to be working for me 

but thak you for your advice knowledge is power .

• Posted

iv noticed any way that its the flovour you get from the cinomon more than the cinamon itself that your consuming in hot drinks as the segment remains at the bottom of the cup .so i keep it up .and just listen to how my body reacts .its got to be positive removing alot of sugar from your diet 
  • Posted

Cinnamon is known to stabilise blood sugar. 
    • Posted

well thats good thing its got to be better than taking 3 sugars in your tea when your on about 8 mugs a day .

maybe when iv done it for awhile il be able to tolarate other healthy foods that i find hard to cope with now , sugar is such a poisen 

it can mess up the whole body and how it deals with food 

and the most worring is that it can cause you to have a fatty liver because fructose unlike glucose cant be broken down by the body and has to be dealt with by the liver  . the liver over times grows in size to cope with the toxin taht is sugar and health problems insue 

so i desperatly wont to get of it , thanks for your advice .

• Posted

sugar is an addiction like any other.  Try to cook everything from fresh - or use single tinned products (like tomatoes) that have not been processed, as all processed foods contain salt and sugar
    • Posted

I can send you a list of simple meal recipes if that would be helpful
    • Posted

i am not big in to processed foods  a can of soup or spaggeti  on occasion but i dont do frozen or pre packed foods i am a meat and two veg kind of of girl i dont do added salt either never eat shop brought cakes because theres so much bad stuff in them like i said my biggest problem is tea 

i got so used to sugar in my tea as a child because we had that awful sterilised milk in our tea because we had no fidge in them days and it kept well .

its kind to offer some recipes but i struggle at the moment as i have fibromialgia and sensistive to a lot of things thats why i am trying so hard to reduce the sugar intake in my tea because sugar is inflamontry and that might be why i cant tolarate the foods that i should eat

.fingers crossed any way got to start somewhere .thanks for your advice maybe you could send me the recipes and i can keep them for the future 

• Posted

I looked up what you said about fructose being broken down by the liver being worrying because I eat a lot of fruit. Apparently the amount we get in fruit and veg is small and there are many other nutrients in them so fruit and veg are perfectly fine. It's corn fructose in soft drinks and other things in very high amounts that's worrying.

Just thought I'd add this in case you put anyone off eating fruit!

• Posted

i never said fruit or veg was bad i said if you make smoothies useing a lot of sugary fruits or even root veg than your getting a concentraed amount in one shot.  its sugar and syrups that are bad for you , even the misleading info on coconut sugar  its fructose wheater its brown white ,golden syrup maple syrup , or agave . eating fruit and veg in the normal way  is fine . if ididnt make that clear because my fibro mind gets muddled sometimes i am sorry . theres nothing wrong with fruit and veg that would be a silly thing to say. 

and of course if you have sugary smothies you are getting sugar around your teeth and gums as many dentist have notice very bad tooth decay in very young children because of this . so commoncool sense proviles. i think .stay cool.

• Posted

cheesygrin I gave up fruit for a few years because the anti Candida diet recommends it but it didn't lesson my Candida and I craved it so badly. It was stupid advice and I eat as much fruit as I can now.
    • Posted

Have you tried a new product called stevia.  It's derived from a plant root.  I've seen it on shelves in supermarkets just recently, so it's obviously now going mainstream. Bought it myself for the children.
  • Posted

Hi tiswas,

I intially found that reducing caffeine by switching to green t had a positive effect to help conrol sugar cravings.

L-glutamine also works to reduce sugar cravings.

About cinnamon, from my experience with a herbalist, they recomended taking herbal suplements for a month at a time only.

• Posted

i already drink decaf tea , green tea is just awful id rather drink tap water .sorry some of us just cant be that good .i like my tea. decaf is a comprmise , which is fine.  green tea i tried and its just nasty .

i am not taking cinamon supplements 

just fresh cinamon sprinkled in most of it remains in the bottom of the cup but it gives you a nice sweet taste 

• Posted

I know that the cheap green tea bags are just awful. I find some loose leaf varieties and there are quite a few, are so much better. It really is worth a try because because it does seem to make a significant difference to sugar addiction. I used green tea only for a few weeks before not wanting tea altogether so maybe a bad taste will put you off completely as well.  For years I couldn't live or think about anything without black tea and coffee and amazingly I don't even think about tea, coffee or sugar now.
    • Posted

thanks for reply and i am sure your right 

but i love tea ,i dont drink eat puddings cakes or biscuits

not that fussed about chocolate or proccesed foods so tea is my choice of poison i give up food before i would give up tea , 

i know i am not perfect i dont profess to be just want to make some improvements .not become a saint ,hahah 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.