Champix

Posted , 29 users are following.

[color=red:070dcd62a0][/color:070dcd62a0] :D Hi i have been taking champix for 4 days now and the results are great so far. I had set my quit day for Monday 30.04.2007 but today 25.04.2007 i have not had one and don't want one, so i'm going to see how i go.

If i do this i will be so happy for my self and my family. so if any of you are thinking i cant do it go and see your doctor as their is light at the end of the tunnel.

I was smoking 20-25 a day and have tried every thing to stop in the pass

and this is really helping me i now feel i could be a none smoker.

regards lisa

2 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi guys newbie here smile I'm on day five of champix and still smoking sad I'm gonna make quit day day 8 , I've noticed I don't crave cigs I just want one plus its the hand to mouth habit I think I need to break not had many side affects apart from cramp in my calves and a bit of a vivid scary dream on day one no sickness atall tho smile I have been smoking less than I usually do cut down to about 10 a day instead of 20/25. I really hope once I'm on the blue tabs it will scunner me right off the cigs. :-)
  • Posted

I started champix 8 days ago and stopped smoking today, i have had cravings to smoke, but my daughter who gave up smoking years ago told me to sip lemonade or fizzy water and the tingle on your tongue goes away, i have used champix before and gave up for 5 months, like a fool i just started smoking again, said to myself just 1, then it became 2 etc back to full packs within weeks, this time its for good, i was advised to read Allen Carrs Easy way books, along with the champix, must admit found the book boreing but then found myself reflecking back to what was in the book when i thought about having a cig, good luck to everyone, i hope we all succeed this time, any advice about giving up and staying as a non smoker would be brilliant

Debbie

• Posted

hii all

newbie to tthe forum

day 16 on champix, not smoked since day 8??

?only side. effects have been  some nausea, can't drink cofffee now ? and since yesterday phantom bad smells thhat are driving me mad. but overalll been doing. well, no cravings which as I've been a smoker for 35 years I'm really pleased

• Posted

Well done and keep up the good work.  I too smoked for 35 yrs and I stopped 1 week ago.  Can't believe I have done this thanks to Champix.

• Posted

Hi everyone.

Started Champix 19 days ago and gave up on Day 13.  Been amazed how easy I have found this.  I thought I would have problems with my first one in the morning and breaks at work but these have gone smoothly so far.  I had been smoking for 35 yrs and didn't really want to give up as I enjoyed smoking.  Have upcoming surgery on my head with skin graft so I knew I needed to stop so that I wouldn't be stressing when I would get my next cigarette in hospital and also for good Oxygen levels for my skin graft to take.  Had quite a stressful day on Tursday and didn't feel like having any cigs.  Went to a Smoking Cessation clinic at my GP's and they suggested giving this a try.  Had a few headaches but not suffering too many side effects.  Will save £3,300 a year.  If I can do this anyone can.

• Posted

Well done lisa I smoked for nearly 40yrs and gave up with the use of champix.

You may get some side effects and weird dreams but this is normal.

Also make sure you take the full course even if you dont feel you need to as it's a course for a good reason.

Well thats my advise come back if you need any more and good luck.

ps i'v not smoked for 4yrs now.

• Posted

Hi everyone have been having a good read here and its so useful so find out about peoples experiences. Im 36 and I have to get a tooth out and im traumatised - and guess what its because of smoking. So I have got a prescription for Champix. However I love smoking - i know i must quit as i want to keep my teeth lol but getting my head to the space where i will never smoke again is my biggest struggle. Would you say Champix will help me with this as i know i will need willpower too and i have zero smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.