Champix

Posted , 29 users are following.

[color=red:070dcd62a0][/color:070dcd62a0] :D Hi i have been taking champix for 4 days now and the results are great so far. I had set my quit day for Monday 30.04.2007 but today 25.04.2007 i have not had one and don't want one, so i'm going to see how i go.

If i do this i will be so happy for my self and my family. so if any of you are thinking i cant do it go and see your doctor as their is light at the end of the tunnel.

I was smoking 20-25 a day and have tried every thing to stop in the pass

and this is really helping me i now feel i could be a none smoker.

regards lisa

2 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

So are you on 2 mg of Champix (1 morning, 1 evening) now angua123 question smile I think Champix is fantastic cheesygrin
  • Posted

yep, been on 2mg since Wed.
  • Posted

I ain't had a cigarette in 3 weeks smile
  • Posted

ive been on these tablets for 5 days now and my smoking ( i roll my own) has been cut by half but could be less than that as on 2 occasions I didnt smoke it all :-) I have tried so many things in the past and really have wanted to give up but to no avail hopefully this time will be it!!!!! I have felt very tired and had alot of 'wind' but thats a price im willing to pay to stop smoking for life. I look forward to being smoke free for life.
  • Posted

Yeah it's true, Champix gives you underpants riping flatulence lol redface
  • Posted

Hahahaha it certainly does Benny, but where im on the 1mg twice a day Ive found the extreme tiredness kicked in again :-/ ..... but am now on day 9 and set day 10 as my stop smoking day... the last couple days ive only smoked 3 and today none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So am going to stick with that now :-) must admit today I have had cravings quite bad now and then but just stuffed my face with fruit and I keep saying to myself "what will I achieve by smoking one now" Im just thinking positive thoughts and not negative hopefully this will soon dissappear
  • Posted

Well 2 months down the line and I haven't had a smoke yet!!!!! Down to one tablet a day and the rest is willpower.

What's more my chimney smoking husband has started champix as well and the house smells lovely and clean

Have put a little weight on but it is manageable don't have to buy new clothes yet and as result going twice a week to the gym.

Gums have been bleeding badly for a couple of days but that has settled down too.

Thank goodness the flatulence has gone away too felt turbo powered!!!!

• Posted

I am on my third week with champix.  I find the nauseau to be particulary draining, I likened it to have morning sickness 24/7,however I have now found that ginger (in any form) really helps. I have not had a cigarette since the middle of my second week.  I do find I still have cravings, however, not as bad as previous tries to give up with other aids, and I find taking a deep slow breath and letting it our slowly really helps.  One of the things I find easier is that this time of trying to stop smoking, I am doing for myself and not because of a nagging family.  I can now (even after not having a cigarette for such a short time) take my little dog on longer walks without puffing anf blowing like an old walrus, it's great.  I feel great.  Anyone just trying champix for the first time, hang in with the nausea, try ginger or something but just hang in there, for me it's worth it.
  • Posted

I know that one of the effects of stopping smoking is putting a little weight on, I have found a way to try and alleviate that (expecially with the hot weather).  I get bored just eating fruit anf ice cream can be fattening.  I have founf freezinf grapes (my favourite) or melon or even peaches works great.
  • Posted

Iam now into my fourth week of champix and because I found the nauseau particularly bad was advised to just take one tablet a day and it works, no more nausea and the effect is just the same, no cravings, just the habit part of smoking, you do something and think to yourself used to have a cigarette about now.  Have found changing things around works well and really do not think about smoking very much now.  I am really proud of myself and grateful to the lady at the no smoking clinic for persuading me that Champix could help where nothing else (including hypnotherapy) did.  Looking forward to the future as a non smoker.  FREEDOM at last!!!!!!!
  • Posted

Started talking Champix last month (August) and all was going fine until the last day of my second course (so 4 weeks in) then I started having blurred visions during the day followed by severe pains behind my eyes. Now been taken off the drug straight away without weaning - which is a pain as I stopped smoking a week and half ago and now the cravings have slightly come back. Anyone else experience the blurred vision? It doesn’t last all day - only about 30 minutes - and seems to start at my focus point and moves out slowly to my peripheral vision before disappearing and leaving me with a migraine.
  • Posted

hi lisa, i have had an extremely bad experiance from champix, i did the 3 month course in 2007, i finshed the course in the november by the feb 2008 i was put on citalapram from the mind altering effects of champix. if you have suffered from any kind of depression or anxiety please double check with your doctor before taking. it is now 2014 and i am still on the citalapram, each time i have tried to come off i have reverted back to the mood swings which i started when taking the champix. i must admit i haven't smoked since. but the consenquences have been horrible. please ask me any questions you may have,
  • Posted

It is great to hear that so many people are doing so well in their efforts to stop smoking, but I would advise caution regarding the use of Champix as this was actually developed as an anti depressent ( It was then noticed that a lot of the people it was prescribed to also stopped smoking ) and there are potential side effects such as hallucinations etc.. A lot of people use E Cigarettes to quit, but even these are banned in several countries. There are far healthier, natural ways to stop smoking
    • Posted

Hi, this is actually incorrect. It was Zyban, another anti smoking drug which was originally used as an antidepressant.
  • Posted

how did you go? I am on my 3rd week I have managed to stop somking for 2 weeks now I have the odd craving but wander if they will ever subside? please God they do....

• Posted

Hi Ian, dont worry about odd cravings. My mother stopped smoking at 60, and she said she still reaches for her pach of cigs 18 years later.Her advise is when this happens, dont think omg a craving, just think yippee i dont smoke anymore. We are not going to crave forever, and its just memories I suppose, congrats on giving up.
    • Posted

The cravings do subside smile I haven't smoked for a year, or for nearly two years if I include a few falling off the wagons (oops) redface cheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.