Change of life or ruin your life?

Posted , 7 users are following.

What is wrong with me?  54 years old and enjoyed a life of good health - until I had my daughter I had never been in hospital - was even born at home.

3 months ago, at the end of a period I started getting period pains - never happened before.  This progressed into bowel cramping for a few weeks and a general feeling of being unwell.  Got so bad that I went to a doctor who referred me to a gastroenterologist.  Appointment’s tomorrow, but that has gone now.  It has been replaced by breathlessness - a feeling that my airways are narrower than they should be.  I’m trying to cough up phlegm but there’s nothing there.  Is this perimenopause?  If I could be sure it was it would really help because with each symptom I fear the worse - bowel cancer with the cramping and lung cancer with the breathlessness.       Feel like I’m going crazy - feel like I’m dying.  I wasn’t aware of these symptoms.  I feel very negative each morning when I wake up - I thought of death this morning - I’ve never been so frightened of it.     I lost my mum last year and all this is not helping with the grief.  I’m tempted to go on HRT - I need some relief from all this but can I go on it if I’m still having periods?

3 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Also, a friend at dinner last night suggested Serenity cream.  I’ve not had time to research it - has anyone tried it/know anything about it?
  • Posted

So, just came from the doctors about my bowel cramping.  He made no mention of menopause and when I asked about it he said “suck it and see” and would stick me on HRT at the drop of a hat.  He’d also stick me on antidepressants because I’m feeling low about my mum dying last year.  He’s older, too.  I guess unless you’re living it it just doesn’t feel real
  • Posted

Get into see another Dr until one actually sits and listens to you , you do need to keep pushing your point  , don't let that one Dr let you down . Not everything in this life time is down to depression . Easy cop out for way to many drs these days way to many You know when something's going on You can get FSH sticks yourself from Amazon ,not expensive either You use them same way as you do for Diabetes or pregnancy test . Go look them up . . 

• Posted

Agreed!  They just push pills on everybody.  My gyn tried that on me this week.  Let’s both find better doctors.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.