Checking in from my hospital bed ....

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi ladies just a quick update now am back in the land of the living . Have been told all went well but won't know any details till I see my consultant in the morning , got took to theatre at 3pm , in recovery at 4 back in room at 4.45 pm. Woke up from surgery feeling so cold so had extra warm blankets put on for a while , blood pressure kept dropping but is stable now . Cathetar feels ok at the minute but feels itchy down there ... Am in no pain as full of pain meds obviously , currently just having my first cuppa in 12 hours as could eat after 6.30 am this morning . Room is lovely like home from home ... Daughter and Hubby just been in to see me . I have those lovely stockings on and some more pad things over them that keep pumping up and going down lol , feels quite strange ! Was so nervous to the point of feeling sick while laid in pre op room , but the nurses talked me thru it and like you lovely ladies said it would be , all was fine ! All I can say at the minute is I've got bad back ache and am staving lol ... Will update more later xxx

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Good morning ladies , quick update . Finally settled down with the to off around 11pm last night ... Had to have the window open a jar as I was absolutely boiling but my temp was ok , about half an hour later I had the fan in the room put on also and still the window ... Still wasn't cooling down , finally got down to a temp that I felt comfortable to sleep but had the nurses laughing as everytime they came in my room they were running their arms etc saying it's freezing in here are you sure your ok ?? Lol . Was quite hard to get comfy with cathetar and pack in and had lots of discharge and that solution stuff they put in you? So felt quite sticky etc ... Kept waking up every hour or so and woke up properly ag 6am ( just in my second cuppa β˜•οΈ). Compress stockings woke me up twice bleeping as they had lost pressure but quickly got sorted . Cathetar and pack huts been took out , 2 min job ... Thought the pack was never going to end ( can remember that from last time lol) and compress pad stockings are off ( yay) feel so much better with all that gone! I have t been out of bed yet and obviously now it's a case of little missy moo waking up down there and co-operating .... If all goes well will be going home this morning .... Can't wait to get a proper wash down there tbh ... So all in all up to now it's been an o experience co side ring how nervous I was right up until the point that solution went in my hand and I said nan nights yesterday , hope your all well love Sarah xx
    • Posted

Few typos there , think my still slightly drugged up state and predictive text arnt helping each other lol
    • Posted

Morning Sarah,

Sounds like everything going well.

Hope you do get out today. Remember to rest up for next 2 weeks.

Phyl πŸ’–

• Posted

Horray,I told you it would be fine😘😘😘😘take care sarahxxx
  • Posted

Hi ladies I'm home !! πŸ˜€ Feel very tired and emotional and have had a few unusual tears feeling sorry for myself lol !! Consultant came round at 8am and told me all that had happened . Apparently it took her longer than expected as when she got in there I was a mess of old scar tissue from my hysterectomy 3 years ago. ( explains a lot of the pains I have been having ) she also said I had a slight bleed in theatre but not enough to need a blood transfusion . Now the worrying part she has advised me not to have anymore surgery in that area again ??? She said at my first appointment if I had this surgery then it wasn't guarantee and I would lost probs need another op in 10 years time , now she's advising I don't have anymore surgery ?? So what happens if it prolapsed again ?

Have been sent home with lots of pain killers , lots of fybogel and lactulose to keep me from being constipated ... And also a weeks worth of injections I have to do in my stomach myself to stop blood clots ... Eek!!! I hate needles st the best of times! Asked about a sick note and she has signed me off for 4 weeks !!! Said I can drive in 4 weeks and didn't give me a lifting restriction or anything for after these four weeks !! I got quite concerned about the 4 weeks sick note so asked one of the nurses who told me if I need more time to then go to my doctors and get another one ... Phew!! My mum is here with me now and is looking after me well ... I'm tucked up in bed with my lovely stockings on that I have to wear for 2 weeks , sorry for the long post lol just wrote it while it was all fresh in my mind xx

• Posted

Hi hun,welcome home !!! I know what you mean about worrying what if!!

I'm the same its only been 10 since my anterior repair and I worry what if.

Its stupid I know but I think its because we don't know what to expect down there after

Surgery..bulging and swelling is normal so I jusdt stop being paranoid.

Imso glad all went well and your going good.test up love and enjoy the fuss.lots oif love .xxx

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

Glad to hear your home, you will have to rest lots and take your recovery real slow and easy. You want the best chance you can get to heal properly especially if you can't get surgery again!

I have asked everyone and anyone in the medical profession that very question about chance of further ops with lots of scat tissue and never get a straight answer, they tend to ignore it.

Good to get the answer as I work in job weight bearing and would not want to put myself at risk of further prolapse again , will have to ask my consultant at post op app what she thinks!

Do nothing for 2 weeks and take progress a little at a time!

Phyl πŸ’–

• Posted

It is worrying isn't it Phyllis. I'm only 10 days post op and wondering what it should look likeπŸ˜•.its stupid really being so paranoid. Xx
    • Posted

Yes, you're right and pointless anyway worrying as it won't change any outcomes.

We think too deep and for too long as someone said earlier!

Phyl ☺

• Posted

Matron please put my mind at rest.what should I look like down there. I haven't looked but feel something going in and outπŸ˜• is tyhast swelling??xx
    • Posted

welshgirl you are a born worrier. You should have swelling and probably a lump which will eventually reduce but don't expect it to go down very quickly, it will take weeks however as it gets smaller it becomes much less noticeable xx
    • Posted

Yes that my biggest problem with myself lol.. I just expected to feel a tight hole lol.x,
    • Posted

Hi Sarah glad you're home! Take it easy and enjoy being looked after X I have a chart if you'd like it for activities X weeks post op. If I've already sent it I apologise . Lots of ladies have said it's helpful X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.