Checking in from my hospital bed ....

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi ladies just a quick update now am back in the land of the living . Have been told all went well but won't know any details till I see my consultant in the morning , got took to theatre at 3pm , in recovery at 4 back in room at 4.45 pm. Woke up from surgery feeling so cold so had extra warm blankets put on for a while , blood pressure kept dropping but is stable now . Cathetar feels ok at the minute but feels itchy down there ... Am in no pain as full of pain meds obviously , currently just having my first cuppa in 12 hours as could eat after 6.30 am this morning . Room is lovely like home from home ... Daughter and Hubby just been in to see me . I have those lovely stockings on and some more pad things over them that keep pumping up and going down lol , feels quite strange ! Was so nervous to the point of feeling sick while laid in pre op room , but the nurses talked me thru it and like you lovely ladies said it would be , all was fine ! All I can say at the minute is I've got bad back ache and am staving lol ... Will update more later xxx

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I went to the toilet earlier and those get I was never going to stop peeing lol ... It's was going on and on and on lol ! Had a quick peek and sang hallelujah as I can see I have an opening , I didn't touch it or anything just parted legs ever so slightly and was ace not to see the bulge !! ☺️ ...matron what are your views on my consultant saying I shouldn't have any more surgery on that area? Obviously u haven't seen my records or anything so won't know the full extent etc but what if I prolapse again in say 10 years time at a stage 3 again !? X
    • Posted

I would have hoped he had explained. You could possibly have a lot of scar tissue that wouldn't cope with another incision because it wouldn't be able to heal. The scar tissue also called adhesions are fibrous bands in your tissues.xx
    • Posted

When I was asking the nurse about the 4 weeks sick note and said what if I'm not well enough by then she told me this operation recovery time and healing was nothing like my hysterectomy , felt like I was having to ask about lifting restrictions and driving etc ... She said after 4 weeks I can go back to normal activities , am having at least 6 weeks off x
    • Posted

Yes she did say I had a lot of scar tissue to get through that's why the op took longer , but I still felt out of it this morning so didn't ask the questions I wanted to about it x
    • Posted

I think Sarah 4 weeks is way to soon.,each oner of us is different.if you are on your feet at work I'd take at least 6 weeks minimum.u til yuiur post op check up you won't really know how things are. Just relax and rest. Xxx now.
    • Posted

Sarah, it makes me laugh, all doctors give difrent recovery times.

if you are not well go back.

i have had A&P and my doc gave me two weeks when I asked why she said I want a doctor to see you every two to make sure you are recovering, but I have had some issues over the last 9 months and she knows me well.

• Posted

sarah you shouldn't have to ask, your consultant should explain things to you. So it's obviously the scar tissue that's going to prevent you from having more surgery unfortunately x
    • Posted

I dont understand tho why scar tissue would be a cause for me not to be able to have surgery again , sorry am being really thick here . Is it because maybe any future op's won't work? Longer operation time? Sorry just confused lol x
    • Posted

It's because you can't keep cutting into tissue that is scarred, it won't heal. It is also called adhesions and the tissues can stick to organs in the body.
    • Posted

If needs be matron can she have keyhole rather than vaginally or not?xx
    • Posted

It wouldn't make any difference but sarah don't worry about this now you need to remain positive and get well but it's important you rest completely and don't rush things because you need this operation to be successful. If in years to come you did need further surgery there's always the option of seeing another consultant and you never know because medicine and surgery advances there may be a way of operating despite the scar tissue being there xx
    • Posted

Sorry matron you had already given me the answer here to a question I asked later on .. It's me skim reading 😳 ,
  • Posted

Thanks matron , Google has been my best friend for the last half hour lol ... Makes webs now I've read it all properly .. Gonna be really worried incase this op fails and I have no more options . Btw my lower back is killing me today , is this normal lol ? Matron you have your work cut out with me and Welshgirl now haha x
    • Posted

Your lower back is probably painful due to the position you were put in for the operation. Your legs are put in lithotomy poles so it pulls on the muscles in your back and legs x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.