Cheese , biscuits and ???

Posted , 12 users are following.

Please help . I dont know whether Im being selfiish or ridiculous ? Ive tried AA and they were not good . My addiction has become worse since Ive spoken about it. I'm feeling positive but need suporrt .  Feel I need to raise awareness in my area and set uip a group ? What do you think ? I'm a trained counsellor anyway and thought I could offer an alternative . What do yoiu think ? 

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

just managed to eat two boiled eggs and toast. cant believe it. does anyone have the same craving post alcohol?  weird but at least I can eat. hubby left note this am that if drunk when home that is it as he cannot take anymore so I am stressing big time to say the least at 10 am.

He will not believe his daughter did this to me but she did as a bully and hit me etc and never got over it. I have tried to be friends with her but again she is now being horrid again but he will not tell her, he says to stop contacting her but he will not tell her to stop being horrid.  

what do I do folks as at my wits end but that is no excuse it it for me drinking. If I don't change he will chuck me out what is the answer??? I was doing so well until the guy cared fors mum got the drink out big time and admitted she has a problem and I am sure it is hard to cope with the guy looked after as she knows he will be dead before 40 due to condition, but all I did was look after him way beyond my shifts of 10 am - 10pm - which I was only supposed to do half of but the other girl could not cope with his complexities. I did though and way above my hours. i was working double shifts as she asked me to and dont even know if going to get paid. as they say they want to meet with me about  being poorly- what do I do get out of a hospital bed to meet them. at mo just glad to be home xx

do you know this board has helped me more than anything!

• Posted

I couldn't really understand the last paragraph.

But yes, it is normal to want food when you give up alcohol, for two reasons. Firstly, because your body is no longer getting its calories from alcohol and secondly, because the lack of drinking void has to be filled by something, so it is natural to turn to food.

If I didn't get on with someone, I would probably take the advice of not contacting her. I tend to avoid anyone that I don't find pleasant.

• Posted

thank you, woke up this am to hubbys note again - saying I have two cakes to do for next week but she has changed to end of month and I did tell him. I wont contact her because she is not worth it but I just wish he would tell her to stop. 

Not well at all this am as coming off the drink and was really poorly

• Posted

thanks so much Rainbow you are quite right I need to ignore her,. but gets me when she is at hubbys mums she is miss perfect and he never tells her she is wrong. only once years and years ago. not now he should ring her and say stop doing this but I get he then gets frustrated that I go back to the drink. but ok today which is something and going to do some more gardenign in a bit though weather does not look fab!!!! lol xxx
    • Posted

Kathy, concentrate on adjusting to life without alcohol and don't take on what you're not ready to handle. Be good to yourself and stay away from stress for the moment, it will take time for you to get back on your feet. 

How long has it been since you quit drinking? 

• Posted

not long ADE free I can go for months without a drink and then I hit binge time if that makes sense and then dry again for ages and fell so much better but I cannot stop going back to it as it shuts me off from stuff if that makes sense
    • Posted

literally last few days. trouble is i cannot claim any benefits at all like most can do big time and drives me mad. cause hubby works they say I cannot claim and yet i see people signing on big time and I can't and we are broke
    • Posted

Makes perfect sense, Kathy. That's just the way bingers drink. I'm a daily drinker, before TSM I had a solid start time of 5pm. I would arrange my life around that and rarely would I leave the house after I started drinking. There are also "maintenence drinkers", they also drink every day, but they start when they get up and they "top up" throughout the day to keep the shakes away and to "smooth things out". They ususally do the bulk of their drinking after they get off work. One thing common to all three types is that the craving drives them. That's what the meds are designed to address.

The good news is that there's something out there for you that will help dull the craving to the point where you'll be indifferent towards alcohol and you'll have it under your thumb. 

• Posted

I am thinking that alll these obstacles need to be binned. Particularly husband's note. What a nerve. he doesn't deserve you.

Put your recovery first, Kathy. Concentrate on nothing else. I have times when I just stay in bed for five days, getting up only to feed the cats and for necessary visits to the bathroom.

I'm awestruck that you're going to do the gardening PMSL. Honestly, I'd just stay in bed. And think up ways to get husband on your side.

Keep going and good luck. Love from Tess.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.