Chest discomfort

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have found that if I eat red meat the next day I suffer. The chest discomfort follows the hot flash and flushing does anyone have chest pain or breat pain that causing panic? I'm so tired of peri menopause! I can be good for days then all of a sudden the pain. Under the rib cage into my breast never seem to be in the same place. Has anything worked?

Misty

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

If you feel it's heartburn or indigestion of some sort then you may need an antacid, I usually take Tums. I had those awhile back. Tums worked for me and I took a hot flash pill called Hot Flash. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

I have had stomach problems since August 2013 been to the Castro had and upper done found nothing. Primary doctor actually believed me when I told him the symptoms came when my cycle occurs and stops when it does 7 months with no cycle GYN put me on patch to decrease symptoms and my cycle started and some on the symptoms went away when the patch was started but returned this evening with breast pain and stomach pain. I ate roast beef at my grandsons Cub Scout ceremony and work up this morning not feeling so well. I guess it's true about red meat and hormones. Stopped eating it and have Ben good then had a little and now feel like panic
    • Posted

Yes, Misty, those panic attacks make you feel awful, I know. Try an antacid, for me it would calm it down. Hope you try something.
  • Edited

Oh my word, Christy, every, every day, it has scared the hell out of me, I was almost on my way to the E.R when it happened the first time, I took 2 aspirin and eventually went in for a chest XRAY, and I realized that it must be related to perimenopause because I get it almost everyday, so yes, I get it and I am sorry to report that I have not found anything that gives permanent relief. I have used ibuprofen it helps somewhat but because I worry about liver issues, I dont want to take it all the time. I have used castor oil heated and it helps somewhat too. Believe me, ANYBODY who can help us will be greatly thanked. Sorry you are going through it too. 
    • Posted

Does the pain sometime go into your throat ?? I have breast implants which I guess could cause the pain but they have Ben in their for 15 years with no problems until this god forsaking menopause crap started. I have been avoiding red meat and symptoms reduced and I ate some last night so I think the hormones in the beef may be a culprate of symptoms
    • Edited

Exactly, if the meat was tainted with hormones, then it would cause your hormones to react. It's why I avoid meat when I go out to eat because if it doesn't say organic expect hormones in it which in turn make you feel awful. Try Tums or any type of antacid to neutralize the affects of it.
    • Posted

Hi Misty, I am sorry it took me awhile to reply I was on the phone, nope I have never had any problem with it going to my throat, I have had it bad on my collar bone. There have been times when I have had a little trouble with the neck area but not most of the time, most of the time its under my collarbone or in the chest
  • Posted

My chest discomfort also follows a hot flush too, we must be dealing with the exact same thing. My breast and chest pain cause extreme panic because they are coming in the most fearful areas, I fear breast cancer and a heart issue. Its horrible. It scares the crap out of me. I was in the hospital last year for a breast cyst and they cleared me, but I still freak out really badly, I found out as it relates to the breast if you have large breast it can cause chest issues in menopause because of the pulling and leads to tightness and that leads to swelling which can make you feel even more fearful because here you have swelling in your breast area and it feels lumpy, its all very, very anxiety producing and it makes me very miserable.
  • Edited

Yes I have this right now actually. It moves out to the side of the arm, shoulder and neck. It's digestive related, I think.
    • Edited

Exactly,shar my dad would give an antacid pill and it would take it away. But in case I was out and about I carried Tums to get me through until I got home.
    • Posted

Which pill? omeprazole or rantinin
    • Posted

Thats what I get too, I think my shoulder is aggravated because of tendonitis I had from overdoing it with exercising my shoulder and menopause came and it was the perfect storm. 
    • Posted

I dont think mine is digestive related, I dont have issues after eating, its sporadic,. My breasts are hurting me know along with the air feeling in my chest. Here is whats funny, it does go away at night and the first few hrs when I get up I am ok, as the day passes it comes back, now and then it does not come back and I am trying to figure out what I do on the good days. 
  • Edited

Hi Misty,

I get it too. I have had it all this afternoon and realized I ate some sausage this morning and I have been paying for it all day. It can be scary and cause a panic attack. An antacid will calm it down.

• Edited

Jamie

How funny I had sausage chicken and rice for lunch and since then it's been a bear I took 300 mg zantac 20 Prilosec and ate a tums feel like I have to purp but nothing

• Posted

Exactly. That's the same thing that is happening with me now as I write this. I was drinking ginger ale trying to burp. I've burped a little but it's still uncomfortable. Red meat is going to be a problem for me, so that's another thing I have to scratch off my food list. This is so nerve wrecking.
    • Posted

Try grass Fed meat, it doesn't cause this problem from my experience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.