Chest discomfort

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have found that if I eat red meat the next day I suffer. The chest discomfort follows the hot flash and flushing does anyone have chest pain or breat pain that causing panic? I'm so tired of peri menopause! I can be good for days then all of a sudden the pain. Under the rib cage into my breast never seem to be in the same place. Has anything worked?

Misty

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Red meat seems to bother me more too. Especially steak, which I love.
    • Posted

Do you find that it last for hours and days? It just come and goes makes me so anxious I feel like I should see cardiology but have had ekgs and labs that were all negative
    • Posted

Misty, have you tried any antacids, they do work? Try zantac or Tums if you have any. Hope this helps.
    • Edited

I have tried everything I'm a nurse practitioner and can't fix myself lol gaviscon is my liquid friend tums Prilosec Zantac and on occasions nexium I panic because I think it's heart related but ekgs and labs are negative I keep saying to myself menopause it's ok it's just hormones relax I'm have my cycle and that's when I find it to be the worst
    • Posted

It does last for hours and days sometimes. It also comes and go's and it makes you anxious and the anxiety aggrevates it more. I've had to make some dietary adjustments to keep the gas at a minimum. An antacid will work. Just find the one that works for you.
    • Posted

Mines is too. I've had all this scans and tests and mines all come back negative as well and that's a good thing. Digestive issues is a part of menopause though and that's the only thing that keeps me from losing my mind. Now my sinuses are draining down the back of my throat which really is aggravating me as well. Unfortunately we just habe to chalk it up to the pause.
    • Edited

Ah, I had already retired from being an ob/gyn nurse. Have you tried st. John's wort? That calmed my anxiety, after a few days, then it stopped completely.
    • Posted

All I know is at times its debilitating at times and nerve racking!!!
    • Posted

Like Misty I'll take over the counter antacids, which do help. Proto Bismol is my friend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.