Chest/heart anxiety symptoms?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was wondering what everyone's physical symptoms to do with your chest? Normally I have a tightness sorta feeling in my chest, as well as a hollow feeling as if my heart isn't actually in my chest. Lately (this morning) I had a warm/hot sensation on the left side of my chest when exhaling which scared me, seeing as it's a new symptom.

I also had 4 palpitations in a row, I normally experience only one or two skipped beats over a week but today I had the four. Is this dangerous? How do everyon else's palpitations feel? Mine feel like my hearts skipped a beat, or possibly beats out of rhythm for one beat only then returns to normal. If it's quite an intense palpitation I feel it all the way up into my throat rolleyes

Seeing as I have health anxiety (Stemming mainly around my heart, my dad died because he went into cardiac arrest while home alone), any chest symptoms make me believe o have a heart problem sad

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If you can do it without medication then good on you!! I've managed without it as I had a bad reaction but it's hard everyday! Don't rely on medication you might be able to do it without x
  • Posted

Tbh I don't even think antidepressants work that good but propanol I does for me atleast

• Posted

If your doctor says you're fine, you're almost certainley fine, especially after all of those tests. Do not let anxiety take over your life, it can ruin it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.