Chest pain

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi ladies!!!Anyone experience chest pain during all this!!!I went to heart Dr and he said it wasnt my heart...I also have alot of problems with my stomach and take meds for reflex but the tightness and pain is more then i can take sometimes and just makes me exhausted...I also have bad anxiety to and due for period soon....

3 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, Laurie,

If you have pressure in your chest, too, you might have a hiatal hernia.

Hope this helps..

• Posted

Laurie

Ironically I went to the ER last Tuesday thinking I was having a heartattack. Weird pain in chest and tightness in jaw. Bloodwork and EKG were fine. Kept me overnight and did stress test. Found abnormality Wednesday. Thursday had heart catherization done. Heart fine except 1 defect when heart rests but nothing that losing weight and lowering BP won't help. I have a few women dr's tell me going through the change screws us up. I too have stomach issues. All through Christmas I felt horrible. I have fuzzy tingling all throughout my body now and for over a week. I'm convinced it's hormones!

• Edited

This past Saturday was horrible for me. I woke up nauseaus and it got worse as the day went on. Bad pain in my shoulders across my back. Of course started thinking it was a heart attack because I have anxiety and panic attacks.

Came home, took my blood pressure. It was fine. Took some tylenol, laid down for a little while and started feeling better.

• Posted

Dear lotti

Have you had your gallbladder Checked? Pain in shoulders and nausea can be a sign of gallbladder problems, I had mine removed in the end, I had an infected one some years ago, also I had gastitis in peri which would cause nausea and pain on left side x

• Posted

that is exactly me right now. I have stones in gall bladder big stones of 5 cm size. However I do not have bad pain but nausea and dihheare are my biggest issue. I have lost weight cannot eat. I am peri at the moment trying out hrt but not much luck. Could please share if you problems settled after removing the gall bladder.. I just cannot put up with nausea and dihheare issues. I also have chest tightness and my dr tells me everything is related to anxiety and nothing to do with peri menopause and or gall stones. I am all lost right now
    • Posted

Pam

I had my gallbladder removed in 2012. I still get gastritis. I don't get nauseous or diarrhea and I take a probiotic everyday. I had an endoscopy done last year and everything was fine. I honestly think us women are very sensitive to this hormone fluctuations. The cardiologists I just saw said hormones can screw our bodies up!

• Edited

Dear pam

Myvproblems did settle after gallbladder removal yes, I'm sorry you are experiencing this . Doctors put everything down to anxiety but peri /meno causes many symptoms. Yes anxiety is one of them and the chest tightness and breathlessness is one of many symptoms xx

• Posted

I haven't. They did an ultrasound a few years back of my gallbladder and my kidney. Everything came back ok. Maybe I should ask the Dr to have another look?

• Posted

Dear pam

Yes the discomfort of the gallbladder stopped after removal, im sorry to hear you are having all these symptoms. The chest tightness is a peri symptom too with breathlessness. I personally chose to have the gallbladder out after many tests. I apparantly didn't have atones just infected one so that is why the tests never showed anything but I knew it was the gallbladder after getting discomfort from eating certain things. Thankfully the gallbladder problem started long before peri and I didn't have it all at once! X

• Posted

my sister had gall bladder and used to get severe nausea and pain, she took homeopathic treatment , and has no issues now touch wood. I think the name of the medicine is cardus mur 200 . hope it helps.

• Posted

Hi Laurie,

I suffer from this too. It's more of a chest tightness and I'll have it for hours at a time or all day. It seems to occur for a several week period then will go away for a week or two and then come back. I've had this ongoing for past year now and it does affect my activity level. Some days I just don't feel like doing anything and am tired of feeling badly.

When it first occured I went to emergency room and of course all was normal. I too suffer from chronic gastritis, acid reflux and health anxiety.

Over past year and a half have had blood work, EKG , stress test, echocardiogram and a few months ago had heart CT scan angiogram. All of these are normal with calcium score of zero and no narrowing of arteries, atherosclerosis etc. But I still get that chest tightness feeling which makes me anxious and makes my chest tighter.....It's a vicious circle. Even though I know my heart is ok I still worry.....I'm a mess!

Also had endoscopy and colonoscopy which were normal except for chronic gastritis so I'm taking medication for that and when I feel anxious take 0.5mg ativan.

I sure do hope these symptoms eventually go away for both of us!

• Posted

To peace

I had all the same tests as you and all normal. Do you get a fuzzy feeling in face and body too? This is some crazy stuff!

• Posted

I get all the tingling and burning in the face and jaw. It's horrible .

• Posted

I get the tingling on the left side of my face. Hate it. I just want to feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.