Chest pain after surgical procedure??

Posted , 4 users are following.

So as some of you know I miscarried last week. I had the d&c today where I was placed until general anesthesia. I woke up with the worst chest pain I have ever had. It came. Then went. Then came. Then went. Then came one last time. It was middle chest going through my back and giving me the worst backache ever. Finally I told my doctor and she checked me with a stethoscope, pulse ox and blood pressure.. All of which were fine. Now my brain is telling me it was gas (i sat up and drank pop, burped a bunch of chemical tasting gas and haven't had the pains since).. But my anxiety mind is saying "oh no it was something more"... I just need some reassurance that it was gas. Even though like i said, they checked me while I was having the pains and it was normal.

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you. I ended up in the emergency room last night. The cramps were so bad They were comparing to when I delivered my 8 lb son naturally.. After 7 hours, they said i had retained products, but then the OB nurse's came down, did a pelvic and said it's just blood clots and that I could be discharged. Now I'm concerned even more though. I got there and my heart rate was 122, 6 hours later it was still sitting between 83 and 97.. They said heart racing is a sign of infection, so the anxiety mind is making me panic. I hadn't thought about my heart in three days which is huge for me, so now I'm right back at it.. They listened to it, kept me on the vitals finger monitor thing, and did Bloodwork that showed my white blood cells were perfect.. Is my anxiety just causing this and looking for a problem?? Also why would one doctor say retained products but then someone else say no I'm fine to go home? Its a well respected hospital especially for their maternity ward, but it still makes me very nervous and that thought of them missing something. Sorry for the ramble, I'm just in a constant state of panic all of a sudden and going in 3 hours of sleep.

• Posted

Did it occur to the OB's nurse to do a trans-vaginal scan, or did she just poke about in your vagina?

A pelvic exam will not help in discovering retained products!

Most importantly, are you still having severe cramps, darling?

And what is coming out of you?

• Posted

They did the pelvic, a regular over the belly scan and the vaginal scan. I'm not having any of the light pink tissue stuff they described its more (TMI) just clots that look like purple jelly. The cramping compared to yesterday is completely different. I haven't even needed a pain pill today, after she swabbed my cervix I haven't had many cramps.

• Posted

When she did the actual pelvic, she said I'm no longer actively bleeding and that she saw what clots I was talking about and that the retained products from the ultrasound is just my blood pooling and not coming out on time so its clotting (or something along those lines). She also have me more methergine and said if bleeding gets heavy to take them, but the worst of the bleeding looked to be over and that it should be tapering off soon and the clots should be getting smaller and smaller over the next week or two

• Posted

Good news!

I'm so glad you went in to be examined, though. It was important to find out.

Now I can stop worrying!

love Tess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.