Chest pain and tightness

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys,

I'm fairly new to the forum. Since I have been suffering really badly with anxiety and depression the past few months I've noticed a constant feeling of tightness in my chest that just doesn't go away even at times where I'm not feeling that anxious like laying in bed at night (it's worse when a lay down) I've come to accept that it is probably caused by anxiety... Does anybody else have this and do you have any tips to ease it as it is quite uncomfortable, I've also been having throat problems as my throat is so dry!

Thanks, Jen x 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I get the lump feeling in my throat most the time but its just the anxiety! Try not to worry! Have you been doctors
    • Posted

It's really incomfortable isn't it? Been twice! The first time I was given antibiotics for a throat infection even though I expressed symptoms of anxiety she didn't seem to take any notice in that! And the second time a different doctor payed more attention but just gave me antidepressants. Doctors can be rather hit and miss! 
    • Posted

Yea u gotta stick to the same doc! Try not to worry u just make urself worse! 
  • Posted

Jen,

I have the chest pain, It almost feels like my heart is swollen.  I just recently google it and it is a very common symtom of anxiety. I find that if I move around and make myself busy it goes away.  Try going for a walk or just puttering around the house.

• Posted

never google symptoms it is someone with anxiety worse enemy.. lol

• Posted

I know! I'm trying to stay away I got myself into a right state before thinking I had some fatal illness from heart disease to lung cancer! I am on 10mg of citolopram I don't think it's really helping me at all for my anxiety 
    • Posted

Yeah laying on bed (which is all I seem to want to do) is not helping! Being busier certainly takes my mind off it 
    • Posted

how long have you been taking the citolpram? I was on that for 5 years and it worked very well for me. You might want to ask you doc about increaseing the dose a little. and I know the feeling about having diseases I have thought I had everything you could think of...

• Posted

For about 6 weeks it is helping a little with my depression but not so much my anxiety which is fuels my depression. It is a very low dose so I think going up May help me, what doseage did you start on? 
  • Posted

I to suffer from Anxiety/panic disorder. I too have all kinds of symptoms feom my anxiety when I dont even feel anxious, its horrible.. the only thing I have found that helps is klonopin but I dont like to take those all the time because of fear of dependencey. I found that my antidepressents work pretty well for it but I have a problem with them pooping out on me after a while( noy everybody does)  so during my switch and inital start up of new antidpressents the anxiety gets a little worse. Also try 4 point breathing it is very effective for anxiety. 

• Posted

I have the exact thing and it's much worse when I lay down at night. Keeps me from sleeping a lot of times. I've been to the dr over and over. The belly breathing helps some but it's a constant battle for sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.