Chest pain during running

Posted , 11 users are following.

Question: Does angina happen during extreme exercise to a healthy man without any heart disease/plaque build-up 

Background: While running when i am extremely tired and exhausted(after running for long time)  i feel pain in chest which is sometimes at left or mostly at right side of the chest. the pain goes away as soon as i stop running and doesn't return even if i start running after resting a few minutes. I can't say that it is heart pain as it is mostly at right side of the chest.   

note: The pain does NOT spread to other areas and i am just 16 years old with a healthy weight, active life style and i don't smoke/drink; it all makes any heart disease very unlikely.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Anyone with chest pain should get it checked out. No doctor is going to give you drugs for heart problems unless you test positive for some kind of problem. You can have heart problems even if you are young: to say it's not possible is not smart. My sister died at the age of 17 years because she had a heart problem that they couldn't fix at the time (1965). A friend of mine discovered she had a hole in her heart at the age of 40. Please do yourself a favor and get checked out. If the outcome is good, you have put your mind at rest.  If you do have a problem it can be dealt with however your doctor and you decide. 
  • Posted

I have the same exact pain but only on my right side. And only when I'm lifting either heavy weight or doing light weight and a lot of reps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.