Chest Pains in 16 year old, i don't know what to do anymore.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, im 16 years old male, almost 17. I've been experiencing chest pains for over a year now. 

It is really stressful and i've had couple panic attacks in the past, as well as feeling anxious and at times quite depressed about it. 

It all began as a chest pain that wouldnt go away, i've went to my GP he said it's really rare for my age to have heart diseases and he gave me some muscle pain relievers. The pain didn't go away. I've been to another hospital where they took my blood and did the ECG, nothing came up and i was told it might be vitamin D deficency as i live in quite rainy place, or just musclular pains that are very common in my age group. That had me relieved a little bit, but the pain didnt go away. I started having panic attacks and once called an ambulance where they checked me up and told me it was just anxiety. That was a year ago. A lot has changed since then, i've started having sharp stabbing pains right where my heart is, that would happen at random, and started having difficulties when walking up the hill. by difficulties i mean, my heart would beat really fast and i couldn't get a full breath, same with stairs. As im writing this i've been experiencing this mild burning pain slightly to the left of my chest, which is hard to locate, sometimes i would get shooting pains into my left arm right to my fingers. And also after running i get chest pain that gets worse with breathing, and sometimes shoots to my jaw. I've read so much about angina that this is it

Also I'm waiting on an Echo of my heart, i've been taken my blood again and my Echo appointment is in March, which is a long time from now... i've been waiting for 2 months. I've been put on beta-blockers since when i was at the doctors he noticed my heart was going a bit fast. It would really help if you gave me some answers or your thoughts on this, as I'm almost going insane and don't know what do. I feel like everything i do is so pointless, and i feel like i can die at any minute.

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Look up costochondritis, I had problems and thought it was my heart the more I looked into costochondritis online the more I realised I to was suffering same, do u have sore to touch breast bone or any ribs, hope you get well soon
    • Posted

Thank's for the reply. To be honest i've googled so many ilnesses and conditions, and i believe that i've looked at costochondritis as well, but no matter what it still always seems like it's my heart, as i've read that costochondritis doesn't last longer than a year if im not mistaken. And i've been having this for almost 2 years now.

• Posted

Just a quick update, thanks for all the replies. I've been to the doctor's and had an echo done, I've been told I have a mild aortic valve regurgitation, and that itself shouldn't cause any symptoms. I've been told it's most likely me worrying too much or muscle pains. Also I've been told to come for a check up next year and see if everything is still alright. I'm doing better, even though I still feel the symptoms from time to time, but I've gotten with coping with them and ignoring it.

• Posted

If you had a genuine heart problem for that long I think it would've become more noticable by now... If you get nothing like dizziness and feeling faint (when you're not feeling anxious) then I think it's nothing to worry about. Of course still get tested to be on the safe side.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.