Chewing cud and human beings......

Posted , 16 users are following.

I can chew cud and I know the diffrence between the taste of cud and the taste of vomit. when I want to vomit, I feel a sharp discomfort in my stomach and a lot of saliva builds up in my mouth. after a few seconds, I vomit and the vomit is sour, it smells eeeuuuw...and know one would take it back (because it is actually what the body has resisted)

When I chew cud, the taste is different, the food that I have eaten simply comes back without saliva building up in my mouth and without a sharp pain in my stomach. The cud actually tastes the same or even better than the food i have eaten and it does not come in large amounts, it comes in moderate chewable amounts. It is more solid than liquid as the vomit is.

This usually takes place within an hour or an hour and a half after I have had a meal/snack, and in this hour, I can chew cud, swallow it, it come back in about 5 minutes, I chew it and swallow it again for about 3 or 4 times before it finally gets digested. In my case, It does occur everyday after taking food.

Plus thus has been happening since childhood. I am 32 now.

Well, Isn't that chewing cud?

I don't feel any kind of physical problem for that. But I wanna be aware of it's consequences wether it's harmful for my health or not.

thanks guys........

4 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Thought it was April 1st !    Never heard of a human being chewing cud.  Surely it is only confined to cows
  • Posted

Angela was not very helpful, sounds line you might have a hiatus hernia or a problem with the epiglottis, go to your doctor, you are probably anaemic and undernourished if you are not able to digest everything you ear
  • Posted

What are you talking about chewing the cud? Definitely, health issues. Find a doctor and get some test done this has been toooo long.
  • Posted

It's probably best not to do this (assuming you have some way of controlling it?) because you will be bring stomach acid back into your mouth and that won't do your teeth any good, it will wear away the enamel in time. Not good.
  • Posted

l also have the same problem, l have been to some doctors and they cnt seem to find the solution
  • Posted

Anyone with a tangible feedback on this problem. I do also have same disorder started when I was around 9 until today it's still happening at same rate am now 40. I have no other known disorders don't drink or smoke. No joy with doctors they all look puzzled at me when I try get it diagnosed and have since given up on the problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Edited

This sounds disgusting but not new to me. I have noticed my pop chewing cud (cc) since when I was a kid & still cc till now, he's 76 yrs old. I do have a 49yr old sister & bro (rip) that still cc till now, they started when we were young. I am 40 yrs old now & I cc too, I remembered I started from when I was a kid too! There's no known health implications but it's just disgusting when you are around peeps, it can make your mouth be smelling horribly. When I was younger I enjoyed cc when the feelings of regurgitating comes, so I give in to it easily. But when I became older I noticed it's something you can control through mind consciousness, then I started consciously controlling it. The mind will remind you to cc especially when the food was delicious, so if you accept your mind invitation then the feelings will surely comes. Once I know the feelings of regurgitating is coming I controlled my throat not to bring it out. Another control I do is drink like two cups of water immediately I finish eating, this will dilute the quality of the food you have just eaten inside you i.e it won't be in a very solid form again & will not be able to regurgitate. Another control is to make sure you chew your food very well before swallowing. Have noticed that when you are use to the habit of cc, you won't chew well with the mind that you will still chew it better & enjoy during regurgitate time. Another control is chew menthol gum immediately you finish eating. All of these controls is just to help not cc become a habit. If you don't consciously control it, it becomes a habit & you know habits are not easy to break off. I believe that it's genetic in my family case because my pop cc, my sister, bro & I cc.  I can now greatly control the feelings of cc, am in charge!

To your success!!

• Posted

My mom told me it all started from day 1 and up till now I still regurgitate some a time I do it just to enjoy the fun of it, I don't think it's a disorder probably it's just the way we r made. Initially when I told my bf he was like so worried #hope it wasn't painfull and all that, actually I go choked in it. Please if there are scientific report on this I want to read thanks.

• Posted

Hey guys

I also do same, from Childhood. I'm not in any way feeling sick

• Posted

Digestion doesn't start until you stop chewing.

The major part of the digestive process takes place in the small intestine. The stomach takes in the food, then churns it and breaks it into tiny particles called "chyme." The chyme are then released in small batches into the small intestine, where most digestion occurs

Contrary to popular belief, foods do not digest in the order they are eaten. Everything lands in the stomach where it's all churned together, and when it's ready it's released into the small intestines together.

• Edited

Guys

I do this also, I don't remember when i started this, but i am 40 now. I am not sick and perfectly healthy, In the childhood we were poor and had limited access to food, I love food and i don't like that fact that we had limited food. So whenever my mom makes some tasty food i enjoy the food even after dinner, lunch whatever it is until its completely digested. I don't how i invented this technique, but i create a kind of vaccum in my throat whenever i want to CUD ( of course not early in the morning then i don't have anything in my tummy)... So its not like i vomit something but i can just bring the food back in a controlled fashion... I know everyone think its GROSS, but there are many other things in this world which are more gross, i mean if u can swallow the same food via same hole why can't u bring it back after a while in a controller manner?!

Just to let you know

• Edited

I have been doing this most of my life, so I was very relieved when I read the book "Gulp" By Mary Roach. She says that it is perfectly normal in a small percentage of people. Most people do not know about it, because it is not talked about due to the embarrassment factor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.