Chewing cud and human beings......

Posted , 16 users are following.

I can chew cud and I know the diffrence between the taste of cud and the taste of vomit. when I want to vomit, I feel a sharp discomfort in my stomach and a lot of saliva builds up in my mouth. after a few seconds, I vomit and the vomit is sour, it smells eeeuuuw...and know one would take it back (because it is actually what the body has resisted)

When I chew cud, the taste is different, the food that I have eaten simply comes back without saliva building up in my mouth and without a sharp pain in my stomach. The cud actually tastes the same or even better than the food i have eaten and it does not come in large amounts, it comes in moderate chewable amounts. It is more solid than liquid as the vomit is.

This usually takes place within an hour or an hour and a half after I have had a meal/snack, and in this hour, I can chew cud, swallow it, it come back in about 5 minutes, I chew it and swallow it again for about 3 or 4 times before it finally gets digested. In my case, It does occur everyday after taking food.

Plus thus has been happening since childhood. I am 32 now.

Well, Isn't that chewing cud?

I don't feel any kind of physical problem for that. But I wanna be aware of it's consequences wether it's harmful for my health or not.

thanks guys........

4 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am 19 years old and I have the same issue,, I really don't know who to ask what's going on.

• Posted

I also do the same thing and am 19years old now and on top of it when I swallow bones while eating , I bring them out nice and slow with a cut in my throat am I still fine or I should start looking for a doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.