Chicken Pox at 29... what the?!

Posted , 31 users are following.

So it started last weekend. Saturday - I was TIRED.. so very tired, but my mates kept insisting I come out so I did... drank lots, kind of overcame the tiredness. Next day Sunday - , I noticed one spot on my waist. Thought nothing of it until that night I was running a temperature (38.5)...

Monday morning, woke up with about 10 spots in total, on the neck, chest, arms. Suspecting chicken pox I took myself to the GP who said it was likely chicken pox, but hard to tell so soon... well 5 days later, I know for sure its the pox!

I've had a sore throat since Wednesday, and while I didnt experience fever on Tues or Wed, ran a temperature again on Thurs night and this morning at 38.8. I've headaches, sore gums, diarrhea, blocked ears and insomnia... it is absolutely VILE.

Given the repeated fevers, I got a doctor to call in today. He checked my ears and said he suspected some kind of secondary infection and gave me antibiotics. He said not to worry too much about the fever, as it is to be expected afterall.

My face is a mess, I just want this to go away!

2 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey i am 19. And suffering from cp.  I live in a hostel and got it from one of my roommates.  Guys its is request that please let people around you know when you get this disease as its very contagious.  My roommate did not tell me and hence i couldn't help getting it.  Its day 5 of my disease and the blisters are still developing.  I have it all over my body but the quantity is pretty less as compared to the cases i read here.  

Things i guess all of the patients should follow:

1. Dont even try to eat oily food.  It would cause more itching

2. Clean yourself with a cloth dipped in neem water.  It would greatly reduce itching. 

3. Apply coconut oil on your head for head itch.  Dont apply it  on the body until the blister has no water. 

4. For body use neem leaves again. Keep it near your bed.  It will greatly reduce itching. 

5. Change your clothes and bedsheet once a day. 

6. Coconut water, bread, khichdi, idli, upma are some indian borne cuisines that would help you go on with cp without oil. 

Take care.  And can anyone tell me how much time does it takes for these blisters to go away.  I am sick of lying on bed all day and do nothing. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.